KINÄ.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

(              battles overturned               )

SUNLIGHT DANCED CALMLY across your skin as you proceeded along the coast of awa-atlu, hopping off of your ilu and allowing him to roam free through the waters as he pleased once you removed the saddle set upon his back.

tossing the seating object over a rack stationed near the edge of the docs, you made your way over the bouncy canvas material that was managing to grow familiar underneath your feet, and headed toward the beach.

the granules of sand that made their way between your toes soared a few inches above the ground as you kicked at the grainy substance, fiddling with the armband that tuk had decorated with now-decaying flowers of the forest that was fastened around your bicep.

thinking about how your youngest sister could possibly design a new pattern across the cloth with shells found around the sea, your eyes happened to settle on a group of turquoise-tinted na'vi a ways away, the contrasting dark blue of another person stirring a feeling of apprehension within you.

at first you thought it was lo'ak; engaging in some sort of fight with the teenagers of the island, and you sped up your pace to hopefully make it before any sorts of hits could be thrown.

as you grew closer, the figure of kiri became more defined, next to what you could now identify as aonung and his lackeys circling around her.

"i mean, you're not even a real na'vi," the boy taunted, reaching forward to grab at your sister's hand before she pulled it away, not quick enough to evade his grip a second time as he shot forward for her fingers once more. "look at these hands- i mean, look at them."

"hey!" you called out, jogging toward the situation with a glare, your tail coming to angrily swish behind you as you hastily made your way in front of kiri, shielding her from the group of boys. "get away from my sister, salt-licker."

"aw, another four-fingered freak," aonung teased, tilting his head slightly as his gaze trailed along your body and landed on your hands. "come to protect your sister, have you, forest girl? what are you going to do? hit me with stick?"

"i will hit you with a whole lot more than a stick if you come near my sister again," you shot back with a fierce glare, your jaw clenching tightly as you reached behind you, your hand coming to wrap around kiri's wrist protectively.

moving to leave the area with your sister in tow, you halted as one of the na'vi stood his ground in front of you, a sneer twisted onto his face as the low voice of aonung started up again.