MEVOSÌNG.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

(            the wrath of the na'vi             )

SHAKY INHALES OF breath were your only available means of action as the blade against your neck grew closer with each trembling movement of your throat.

the colonel menacingly towered over you from behind, his grip still tightly attached to the knife by your neck and your queue as he held you behind a wall stationed away from your sisters.

they let out panicked shouts of your name as he was dragging you away, instantly silenced at the glare he had tossed at them as he moved his dagger closer toward your flesh.

now you stood still in the avatar's arms while your sisters frantically attempted to free themselves from their restraints, grunts and breaths of struggle escaping them as you held back the urge to fight against your captor and make it to their aid.

just as you pieced together what the colonel was really after— the cause of all the destruction rampaging pandora— the hushed voices of your sisters began to ring out from their spots ahead of you.

another quiet, deeper voice accompanied them, your eyes widening as you realized your father had made it to the younger girls and managed to free them from their containment.

"where is your sister?" he sternly questioned, your jaw clenching at the sudden tug on your braid that came from the smug man behind you. "where is she?"

"that way- that way," tuk answered breathily, and you assumed that your father had started to run off before kiri's voice followed after.

"dad, it's a trap—!"

her sentence was quickly cut off by the thick silence that plagued the air as the colonel stepped out from hiding with you still tight in his grasp, the knife pressed even closer to your throat as you met your father's gaze with panicked eyes.

tuk let out a frightened shout of your name from jake's side, quickly being ushered back behind him by kiri as your father held out a restrictive arm in front of them.

"runnin' out of time here, corporal," quaritch spat, your father's gaze shifting to rest on the cruel man. "you already lost one kid today, you really wanna lose another?"

at the merciless taunt, jake ferociously charged forward, only to be halted by the movement of the avatar's knife digging deeper toward your throat. you let out a pained grunt, feeling the blade shaving off a layer of skin to expose a drop of blood to your weary family.