MEVOMRR.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

(            breaths of the sea             )

A TREMENDOUS AMOUNT of havoc had managed to occur in such a small wreckage of time, and as you frantically scratched at the steel walls of the ship to climb across its tilting surface, you couldn't help but wonder if you and your family would be able to make it out alive.

after witnessing your mother follow after your youngest sister as she was sucked down the opening to a deep compartment from the rapid pace of the water filling it, you felt your anger dwindle down into a pit of apprehensive fear that quickly settled in your stomach.

you realized that you were trapped— stuck on a ship in which your family had been forcefully split up and taken from the security of one another, before spider tugged on your arm.

meeting his gaze, you knew that there wasn't time to sulk in a searing epiphany of isolation, and quickly furrowed your eyebrows as you noticed the weight of the boat start to shift.

while you scoured across the material of the vessel that was vertically edging its way into the sea, you looked to your younger sister and your friend, ensuring their safety as you beckoned them on to quickly make it to a more stable section of flooring.

pushing the two ahead of you up onto a side of a deck that had been flipped, you fiercely ushered them on, telling them to continue toward the underside of the ship that was slowly moving to face the sky.

as the three of you pushed on toward the edge of the bottom of the sea vessel, your pupils traveled to the sight of fierce orange surrounding you and your family. the ship was almost completely flipped as it continued to sink down below the surface, and you had a strange sense of a childhood memory playing paywempongu with your siblings and trying not to let your makeshift ships descend into the water around you.

you thought about how your father would always offer you advice if you were ever losing to lo'ak (which wasn't often), and a tight fist of anxiety took
your heart into its grasp.

"kiri, stay with spider," you suddenly ordered, looking back toward the two as they whipped their heads around to face you.

"what— why?" she countered, the human boy's palm still clasped between her own as he shot you a glance that proved he was just as confused as your sister. "where are you going?"

"to help dad," you answered, tightening your grip on the steel railing you held to keep your balance on the swaying boat.

"no- no, you can't, it's too dangerous!" spider fiercely opposed, his eyebrows pinching the skin of his lower forehead as you looked down toward the speedily approaching water. "that guy's a psycho!"