End of first year

Feeling the anger about to burst in the Great Hall Sakura set off a firecracker with her wand.

"First year is nearly complete, so how about we finish it, then take a break where you can all make your comments and ask questions, alright?"

Seeing them nodding their agreement, Sakura turned back to the screen  snuggling tighter to her Severus as she knew what was coming.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Severus waited with his door opened as Draco and Sakura entered his quarters. Since it was Saturday, they were going to be assisting him with making potions for the Infirmary. As they were setting things up, Severus looked at the two. "Granger won't be returning."

"What did Grandpa and Lucy do?" Sakura hoped their plan worked. While she didn't care for Granger, no one deserved to be controlled the way Dumbledore was controlling her.

"Lucius and your Grandfather, with Lady Longbottom and Lord Parkinson visited the Grangers and informed them what happened. The Grangers were not happy to hear what their daughter did. Granger made a pleading argument with them about not doing the formal apology and how Dumbledore would make sure she would be returning. Needless to say, that convinced her parents about what was going on. The formal apology will be published in Monday's paper, they agreed to get the girl some help, Lady Longbottom and the rest of the Board agreed to help her get into Salem if she continued with any plan the mind healers come up with. Her parents signed the agreement."

"Good, one more life Dumbledore won't be able to ruin." Sakura began to cut the mushroom caps. "Weasel is going to be a pain."

"I agree. He is going to view it as a personal assault on Gryffindor." Severus knew the boy was trouble, he had too much of his mother in him, and not enough of his father.

"He wasn't a true friend with her but he certainly doesn't have anyone else as a friend. Even Longbottom seems to stay away from him when he can escape him." Draco started stirring his cauldron. "Uncle Severus, I think it's off."

Severus looked at the cauldron but before he could say anything, Sakura tossed in a Beechnut. "Now it's not," Sakura smirked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Weasley being an issue was an understatement. The boy took pride in tormenting any first-year snake he could. He was serving numerous detentions but not nearly as much as he should as Dumbledore kept interfering. Severus knew Minerva was getting annoyed, she didn't want another bully on her hands. It was now the end of March and another early morning staff meeting.

Minerva was keeping the meeting on track. "On the agenda is Ronald Weasley and his attitude."

"Ron is just having a hard time adjusting now that Hermione isn't here to assist him."

"Hard time?" Pomona snorted. "The boy's assignments in my class are always late, badly written, and I won't even mention how much he torments those in Slytherin and his fellow Gryffindors, especially Longbottom, he called Longbottom a waste of a wizard."

"He didn't?" A few were very shocked.

"Yes, I heard him tell Longbottom that he needed to step up, be ready for when You-Know-Who returns."