sibling bond

As Severus sat with Lucius, in Lucius' office, he explained what he learned. He handed Lucius a letter he had read a few times. It had never been sent. He had wondered why. At Lucius' puzzled face, he pointed to the letter. "Read it, especially the last sentence."

Lucius opened the letter:

Dear Padfoot,
Thank you, thank you, for Sakura's birthday present! It was her favorite by far. One year old and already zooming along on a toy broomstick, she looked so pleased with herself, I'm enclosing a picture so you can see. You know it only rises about two feet off the ground, but she nearly killed the cat and she smashed a horrible vase Petunia sent me for Christmas (no complaints there). Of course, James thought it was funny, says she's going to be a great Quidditch player, but we've had to pack away the ornaments and make sure we don't take our eyes off her when she gets going.

We had a very quiet birthday tea, just us and old Bathilda, who has always been sweet to us, and who dotes on Sakura. We were so sorry you couldn't come, but the Order's got to come first, and Sakura's not old enough to know it's her birthday anyway! James is getting a bit frustrated shut up here, he tries not to show it but I can tell -- also, Dumbledore's still got his Invisibility Cloak, so no chance of little excursions. If you could visit, it would cheer him up so much. Wormy was here last weekend, I thought he seemed down, but that was probably the news about the McKinnons; I cried when I heard.

Bathilda drops in most days, she's a fascinating old thing with the most amazing stories about Dumbledore, I'm not sure he'd be pleased if he knew! I don't know how much to believe, actually, because it seems incredible that Dumbledore

Lucius turned the page:

could ever have been friends with Gellert Grindelwald. I think her mind's going, personally!

Lots of love,

Lily

Lucius looked a bit surprised. Severus felt the same way when he read the letter. "I spoke to Bathilda. She still lives in Godric's Hollow. She had a very interesting tale to tell me."

"I find myself surprised just from what Lily wrote. What did you learn?"

"According to Bathilda, Dumbledore and Grindelwald, who is her grand-nephew, were great friends and planned on doing a world tour together. Dumbledore was 18 at the time, Grindelwald was 16. Apparently, Dumbledore had strong feelings for Grindelwald, however, Grindelwald is straight."

"That would create problems." Everyone knew Dumbledore was gay. While the man didn't carry on affairs at Hogwarts, Dumbledore had never hidden his sexual preference.

"Exactly. She told me that there was a three-way duel. The duel was between Aberforth, Albus, and Grindelwald. Ariana Dumbledore was killed in the duel. Now, that in of itself is interesting. It turns out that Dumbledore's father died in Azkaban for attacking three muggle boys. The muggle boys weren't innocent. No one knows exactly what they did to Arianna but she was afraid of magic after that. The family moved to Godric's Hollow after the scandal."

"That means that the house the Potters were at didn't have old wards like the ones that would have existed at Potter Manor." Lucius was wonder what would have possessed Potter to move away from an ancient manor to an unprotected house?

"It gets better." Severus was still trying to understand everything. "Ariana had killed their mother by accident. So Aberforth had been taking care of his sister. Albus had been ignoring them in favor of Grindelwald. So when she was killed because of the duel, Grindelwald took off. Albus got punched in the face by his brother at the funeral. Dumbledore's phrase "for the greater good" was one Grindelwald and him had created in their ideal of the perfect magical world. She said that Dumbledore's attitude suddenly changed. He became a professor at Hogwarts. He started working on the caring and loving image. He is the one who tried to ban her history books. The thing is she has the letters between Albus and Grindelwald. They are in her vault. If anything happens to her or she dies suddenly the letters will come to you. She suggested to me but I explained I didn't want Dumbledore becoming away of me receiving anything from her."

Lucius processed everything as Severus drank some scotch. "We will need to dig into the complete history of them. The duel, the history of Tom Riddle, the history of the Potters. There had to be a reason why he was so interested and against the Dark Lord when he was a student. It's strange that when the Dark Lord graduated that the duel suddenly happened."

"You think the Dark Lord was the first bid for control and he is planning on doing the same thing with Sakura?" Severus took a sip of his drink. "It would make sense. Tom was abused, powerful, smart, and Dumbledore was his first contact."

"It makes sense. You mentioned that course. I read about the robbery, I know the stone has to be at Hogwarts. I wouldn't be surprised if he set up Weasley to be friends with Sakura as a way to test Sakura."

"It would make sense." Severus sighed. Since it was Saturday night he knew he had to head back to Hogwarts soon. Sakura would be expecting to spend the night with him and Draco. He knew that Draco, Blaise, Theo, Greg, Vincent, and surprisingly, Neville Longbottom were taking care of Sakura. He was a bit surprised to have Neville as one of his snakes. He thought it was because of Dumbledore's failed attempt at getting Weasley to be friends with Harry and Dumbledore instead recruited Neville.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Siting in the Great Hall, having breakfast. Draco got to his feet and pulled Sakura up. "Alright baby sister, lets get going," They stood with their arms grasping the others elbow. There was a flash of light and they fell down landing in a very undignified heap on the floor.

"What in the name of the 7 hells was that?" Draco asked not able to summon the energy to open his eyes.

"I don't know but did you get the hippogriffs licence number?"

"They sat up and looked at each other mouths open in shock. They had both changed their appearance. Sakura's dark brown hair had gone and split half her hair was brown and half was Blonde and Draco had corresponding brown streaks, several inches thick.

"What happened?" Draco repeated.

A heavy bound book appeared between them and instinctively they lay across the floor to share the new treasure they had been given. The book had fallen open to the place that Hogwarts wanted them to read.

'It is possible in rare situations for two people to adopt each other as siblings, but the two individuals must share a great deal in common. The more they share the more similarities will now appear. The most comprehensive change recorded was in 1564 when each of the newly bonded sibling pair hair colour changed by a shade around the temple from root to tip. However most will have a single or only as many as five individual strands of hair change colour.'

"Well I suppose we have a lot in common," Draco smiled.

McGonagall looked up and gasped. "You sibling bonded," She stated already knowing it to be the truth.

Draco and Sakura blushed and looked at each other. "We didn't mean to, it just happened."

"That's the only way it can happen. It's all a matter of feeling and intend. And I think there is a particular way to hold hands. But no one knows for sure. You both look fantastic. Congratulations."

"Thank you Professor," Sakura smiled.

Draco and Sakura exchanged looks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Why don't you have the blonde anymore? A second year Hufflepuff asked.

"I put it under a glamour so no one can use Draco to get at me."

"So you're protecting him?"

"Yup"

Sakura took off the glamour.