Chess

Dumbledore was staring at his chessboard. It was empty. His plans were ruined. He wasn't sure when he lost control of Molly but she ruined a lot of his plans for her family. She had made a lot of power moves he hadn't even seen including for his power. He had to rethink everything. When he had originally formed this plan with Gellert, he had been able to stop his boyfriend before the man ruined their plans. He was still going to have to figure out how Ronald was Gellert's son. He looked at the pieces with names engraved into each piece. He was at a loss as to what to do for the first time in over eight decades.

He sighed deeply as he looked at the Sakura Potter piece. The Dursleys ruined his biggest pawn. He didn't believe that muggle science crap. Sakura Potter was a perfect child before she was placed with the muggles. They are the ones who were responsible. James had used a love potion on Lily and vice versa thanks to imperio but everyone was aware that it only created a child who couldn't love. After all, Voldemort was a perfect example of a child who was produced by a love potion. He couldn't believe that the one pawn he had spent decades creating was destroyed by muggles. Muggles, the one aspect he didn't count on, caused the downfall of everything. Piece by piece had been removed since Sakura Potter had returned to their world thanks to those muggles. One pawn at a time was removed from his board until even his best pieces were removed because the Dursleys couldn't obey his orders or rather they went above and beyond his orders.

He couldn't believe what Molly had done as he looked at the Weasley family pieces he had. He didn't even know he had a daughter. A daughter. Perhaps, he hoped, Ronald would be able to take over for his father, Grindlewald, one day. It would give him some power in the ICW if Ronald did. His daughter, now there were some possibilities. He could arrange a powerful marriage contract or perhaps use his daughter to regain some connections to the children Arthur was going to claim as well as to their titles. Yes, he added the titles below each of the Weasley kids' names. He would have to find a way to get around Arthur's new protectiveness regarding his children as well as find a way to get the children to trust him again. He would have to make sure to keep Molly unaware of the plan and away from the family if he wanted to succeed in that aspect. It would have been so easy to just have Ronald marry Sakura in but that plan was ruined at least for now.

Potter, that made Dumbledore sigh deeply. Perhaps Neville Longbottom might be the better choice. Longbottom had potential but he would have to find a way to get rid of the boy's grandmother, he wasn't worried about Algie. Algie was pliable and easy to mold into what he needed him to be. Augusta Longbottom was proving to be more difficult than he expected. He never expected the old bat with her vulture hat to side with Lucius Malfoy. He had thought he had made sure she would hate anything dark when he arranged for the LeStranges to attack her son and daughter-in-law. It was because of Augusta and Lucius that he was in danger of losing his position as the headmaster. They had gotten the Board and the Wizenagamot as well as the Ministry to turn against him. He had to think of a way to regain control and then he would punish those who dared to question him. Augusta would be easy to get rid of due to her age. Lucius would be a bit harder but he would make the man pay as well as his family. Yes, they were going to pay dearly. He already had a long list of those who would pay and how they were going to pay and Voldemort would be held responsible again. Dumbledore had arranged for, so many to be punished during the last war that way. It was why he wanted Lily out of the way as well as the Bones' family and the Longbottoms, it was just too bad that the LeStranges didn't kill Augusta at the time.

Dumbledore was trying to think of how to regain control over Severus and Sakura and get his power back. He had to do something. He wasn't going to be able to keep his position as Headmaster of Hogwarts if he didn't. He looked at the pawn he had labeled Sirius Black. He couldn't believe the Mutt was getting a trial. He was hoping to save the Mutt for later but perhaps it might be time to use the Mutt. If James' Will was suddenly discovered giving the Black Mutt control over Sakura Potter, he would be able to regain control over Sakura. Now, where to put them on his board in regards to Sakura Potter and controlling the magical world. He picked up the piece with Lupin on it. Yes, it would work. He would have to figure out what position Lupin would be able to take since he had a permanent DADA professor.

Dumbledore growled. He held Black and Lupin pieces in his hand. He still wasn't sure where or what to do with them exactly. The Mutt would need some way to gain custody of the brat. In order to gain custody of Sakura, the Mutt would have to find a way to show that Lucius wasn't a good parent, the Mutt could provide a better home, and keep each of them believing that Dumbledore was on their side. Dumbledore needed the Mutt to have control over Sakura. Once the Mutt had control of Sakura, he could control the Potter and Black seats as well as all of the seats that Sakura had. How to show Lucius was a bad parent was the problem.

Dumbledore was very aware that the aspect of the plan was going to be a problem. He was even surprised at how great of a parent Lucius Malfoy was. Lucius went above and beyond in meeting the needs of Sakura Potter. The brat's grades had her at the top of her class while not in the top slot, he wasn't far behind. The girl didn't earn any detention and Lucius had the support of the staff as well as most of the magical world. He needed something to ruin the image of the perfect father. He glanced down at the Snape piece. The piece had many tags on it. Perhaps it was time the girl learned who caused her parents to become the focus of Voldemort's attention. Perhaps the girl should learn that her parents would be alive if Voldemort didn't learn of the prophecy that was heard by Severus. Dumbledore grinned and began to rearrange his board. Dumbledore smiled as he looked at Fawkes as he outlined his plan to the Phoenix who turned his back on him. "It will work."