Siriusly

"Lily was a smart one. She was the one who came up with the idea of putting everything in vaults. She had James and I make copies of the Aurors reports, the memories, and even the detention reports from our time at Hogwarts. She had never trusted Dumbledore after our fifth year. She is also the one who had me make arrangements with my house-elf if anything should happen to them and I was placed in Azkaban. I just wish we had thought of a way to protect her and James." Sirius felt guilty about the death of his partner in all aspects of his life and their best friend, Lily.

"Lily was very smart." Severus entered the sitting area. "She is sleeping." Severus took the glass of wine that floated in front of him. He looked at the Dark Lord. He wasn't surprised the man would have one ready for him. Severus sat down in his favorite chair and summoned his footstool. He put his legs up.

"It started that summer before our sixth year. She wondered why she never forgave you. James was wondering why he was in a cycle of being interested in me than her. We started discussing things at that time but we didn't put everything together until after we were finished with Hogwarts. We had worked out that someone wanted James and Lily to be together, we just didn't think it was Dumbledore. Once we did, we wondered what else we were missing." Sirius closed his eyes. "It seems so obvious now but you know what they say about hindsight." Sirius sighed deeply before opening his eyes. "I had over a decade to think about everything, reviewing the memory of the night, and what Dumbledore must have done."

"We started to wonder about things over the years too. When Lily approached me, I was very interested in what she had learned. Pettigrew's anxiousness was the only reason I went to the Potter home. I had already made arrangements with Lily to set up an alternative safe house for everyone so I was a bit concerned about what was happened since Lily and I had spoken earlier. If I hadn't been so concerned due to Pettigrew's anxiousness, I might have been more alert to what was happening. I wasn't expecting Dumbledore to kill James and Lily."

"We weren't either. It never occurred to us. We were aware he wanted that prophecy to be true but we thought it would be years before he pushed forward Sakura defeating you." Sirius looked at Severus. "We wanted to speak to you but we were afraid that Dumbledore would do something to you as well. When you alerted Dumbledore to the prophecy, Dumbledore made sure to mention it was you who heard it and reported it to Tom. Dumbledore loves to play the game of divide and conquer."

"Yes, he does. He loves to have his favorite Gryffindors run amok doing whatever he needs to be done while demonizing Slytherins." Tom had seen it starting when Dumbledore became the deputy headmaster. Dumbledore had played his favorite students against those he wanted to have destroyed or viewed as dark. The favorites were the ones he got jobs for in the Ministry or at Hogwarts. Minerva was one of his favorites despite her never bullying students or being cruel.

"I believe it was why he used compulsions on me to go into Gryffindor and leave my family. It wasn't until we doubted him and got ourselves checked at Gringotts that we discovered the truth. The only good news is that I was able to speak to my parents and make amends before I was thrown into Azkaban and their deaths. They tried to get me a trial but Dumbledore threatened to have Reggie killed. They were aware that Reggie was already dead and thought he had him killed. They were a bit fearful Dumbledore would kill me inside Azkaban. We used Kreacher to write letters back and forth until their deaths."

"I am glad you made amends. Dumbledore would have expected you to fully support him. He was very surprised by what you revealed." Severus was very aware of how closely Dumbledore guarded his secrets and his plans as well as his emotions. "You rattled him. He wouldn't have used the escape plan he had otherwise. He had many plans in place but your release and your revelations were more than he expected."

Sirius grinned. "I know. He did exactly what I expected him to do. Hogwarts is protected. He would have taken Hogwarts if he felt he could have."

"He tried. Hogwarts rejected his claims. The ward withstood his attempt to reenter the school." Severus had been informed by Minerva when they returned from the Ministry. "It was why Minerva had wanted to speak to me. We will be reinforcing the wards tomorrow. She asked if each of you would be willing to aid us, I informed her that I didn't think you would object."

"No, I have none." The Dark Lord summoned a book. "I had already arranged for Gringotts to bring me some foundation stones and cornerstones for the wards to overlay any wards that Dumbledore might have left or used."

"Yes, Minerva was informed. Sirius?" Severus couldn't believe he used the Mutt's name.

"I have none." Sirius wondered what book the Dark Lord had summoned. "You have an idea?"

"Yes, Sakura and I are heirs to the founders. We can add more power to the wards." The Dark Lord flipped to a page in the book. "I will speak to the goblins tomorrow when they arrive but I believe if we find the wardstone, Sakura and I will be able to prevent Dumbledore from ever entering Hogwarts."

"The best protection for Sakura and the students." Severus wanted to make sure his soulmate was protected from Dumbledore.

"I also will make sure to protect the secret entrances. I can show you on a map where they are. I am not sure if Dumbledore is aware of the secret entrances but better to protect them than take a chance." Sirius stood up. "I will need to go home to get the map. James lost his during our time here. My copy is the original while James' was a duplicate. We never got around to making one for Remus or Pettigrew."

"I will grant you entrance to my quarters via the floo to prevent Dumbledore from doing anything." Severus stood up. He held out the floo powder. "The password is boomerang." Once Sirius left, Severus relaxed a bit. "Dumbledore and his messes."

The Dark Lord smiled. "We certainly threw a few kinks into his plans."

Severus laughed. "True, Sakura was the first one and his plans have gone downhill since. Lucius and Narcissa with Draco will be here in the morning. I believe Lady Longbottom and Neville will be here too. I think for the summer it might be a good idea if we remained together. Less of a chance for Dumbledore to take control of a person."

(Apologies for this chapter being late, it was my birthday on Monday and my son's 18th fast approaching.  This story is going to be coming to a close shortly maybe 6-10 Chapters left. I appreciate you all reading it and commenting.)