Surprise

Lucius arrived back home after an extremely long day at the Ministry. He had been expecting a quick special session of the Wizenagamot since it was the set date for the closure of the Weasley divorce. Instead, it was one of the scandalous sessions and one that was going to feed the gossip mills for years to come. He headed straight to his office. He needed to drink in peace before he spoke to the Dark Lord and Severus. Augusta was going to join him in an hour for this discussion. He still wasn't sure if he actually would be able to convey everything using words. He thought his memories would work but ten hours of watching the memories would have to wait for another day.

He reached his office and poured himself a drink. He threw back the scotch and poured himself another one. He walked to his favorite chair in front of the fireplace. He put his glass down and removed his cloak. He sat down in his chair and stared at the fireplace.

"Lucius?"

Lucius looked up at saw Narcissa standing in front of him. "I didn't see you."

"I'm aware. Augusta is here. She appears just as shaken as you. Severus and Tom are entertaining her. How bad?"

Lucius didn't answer right away. He stared at the fireplace for a few more seconds. "Nothing that will destroy Dumbledore but Molly Prewett's actions make me wonder what else we have missed in the past. Augusta was the one to suggest meeting tonight. She mentioned something her son wrote about in his journal as well as some Auror reports that were never filed."

"She brought a box of stuff with her." Narcissa looked at her husband. "Lucius, are you alright?"

"I will be. It was just a lot to take in today." Lucius rose. "Let's go and get this over with. I'm sure Augusta wants to get this over with. Where are the children?"

"In Draco's room. When I last checked on them, they were sleeping on the floor in a blanket fort." Narcissa had been surprised at the group of four friends. Luna had left after dinner but had spent the day here. The group had spent most of the day outside doing everything from swimming to hunting in her gardens for potion ingredients. Luna seemed to round off the rough edges of the boys. "They enjoyed their day."

"Good. We might need to invite my cousin over for dinner soon." Lucius held out his elbow for Narcissa to take.

Narcissa took Lucius' elbow. "I wrote the invitation earlier today. I will send it out tomorrow." Since it was after nine, she wasn't worried about the boys waking up. "I arranged a room for Augusta. She will be spending the next few days." Narcissa told Lucius about what the group of four did during the day causing Lucius to laugh and smile a bit as they walked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Narcissa arranged for tea as Lucius settled into the sitting room off of the main living area. The room was reserved for family and close friends. Lucius didn't speak for several minutes. He looked at Augusta who looked as unsure of where to start as he was.

"It was a long session most of it was listening to Dumbledore's long tirades after each new revelation. Most of what he said made me want to check the color of his eyes." Augusta shook her head. She reached into her purse and pulled out a flask. She opened it. "Sorry, I need something stronger than tea for this." She poured some of the liquid into the tea.

Lucius inhaled deeply and slowly let it out. "None of the information will get Dumbledore removed as headmaster or even allow us to charge him with a crime. However, it led to a lot of other issues starting before the end of the last war."

"Yes, next week we have special sessions everyday because of everything." Augusta frowned. "I have no idea what they were thinking. Must have been crazy is the only thing I can think of."