Chapter 6

"Move in with me"

It was far from a question, a statement or demand more like. It let me confused and utterly baffled before Harry.  He stood tall and lean in front of me, his green eyes searching my own for an answer as he held Oli between us. I couldn't tell if he was pitying me or truly cared, but from where he comes from and where I come from it felt like pity. I hated pity.

"You don't have to take pity on my Harry I can hold my own" I snapped 

"This isn't pity Marcy. Your my friend and I like you. Your not safe in that old house. Just come live with me" Harry spoke softly, edging just a tad bit closer. I subconsciously stepped backwards. 

"No Harry. You know what, I-I don't need your help at all" I told him confidently, snatching Oli from his grasp and placing the small kitten in the top of my jacket where snuggled comfortably onto my breast. 

"But-"

"thanks Harry" and with that I left. I left Harry standing alone in line to watch as I hurriedly ushered myself away from the boy. I didn't want anyones pity. What I wanted is to be successful on my own. I wasn't particularly doing it how I wished at the moment but I'd get there. Not by taking other people's charity. 

~

I opened the small can of tuna for Oli, setting him on the counter next to it and watched him devour it completely. I had ran by the gas station and picked it up since I had ditched the other food when I left Harry.

A loud rasping on the front door shifted my attention from the cat to the front of the house. I figured it was Harry but grabbed a knife from the kitchen just to be safe. You never know what to expect in this neighborhood. For all I knew it could be a man with a gun ready to shoot me dead for cheating him in a deal, which I do frequently but it's how i get my own pay.

Checking the peep hole I sighed and placed my weapon in the drawer of the side table in the entry way. "What do you want Harry?" My voice came harsher than I had expected and it was easy to see the shock in Harry's delicate features from my action. His eyebrows scrunched together, his torso set beck at the weight of my rude words. His arm was still hovering in the air from his knock until he slowly recovered himself.

"Marcy, I don't pity you. In fact I ENVY you! How you've worked so hard to survive? I've had it so easy! I just want to give you a break." Harry's eyes were pleading as he spoke, his body leaning over slightly to look me properly in the eyes. "Please" I could see the desperation in them making me wonder why this was so important. I'm sure others had it worse. 

"Harry, i can't okay. I can't live with you, eat your food and use your stuff its not right."

"And why not? Who's gonna stop you?" I could tell him now, who my boss is and what he would do if he found out I was living with Harry Styles, the son of a CEO in a major company, he'd have me do something cruel to Harry just for money or He'd think i was stealing his money and I'd blow his business cover. He'd kill Harry and probably me as well.

"I just- I just can't!" I shouted defeated, angry tears slipping from the corners of my eyes. I wanted to believe he cared, I wanted to believe everything would be okay if I moved in with him and no one would get hurt. I really did.

Harry's long arms wrapped around me, holding my body close to his own. My arms slipped around his lean torso, and I buried my face in his warm chest as Harry whispered soothing words of comfort. 

"Shhh, Marcy. It'll be okay. I promise. I wont let anything happen to you." Harry whispered, his large hand rubbing circles on my back. I looked up, meeting his beautiful green eyes with my blue ones. His hair was disheveled and masked his forehead, his curly locks of brown hair bouncing in all directions. "I'll protect you" Harry's deep voice promised. I nodded, believing him. Feeling the way his arms tightened around me as more tears slipped down my cheeks. i felt safe with him. I felt...wanted. And this time, not just for some sex, it was because Harry genuinely cared.

Harry's long lashes fanned his cheeks as he looked down at me, bringing his thumb up to wipe my pathetic tears away. "I'll protect you" he repeated. more to himself as it was barely audible and sounded as if he wasn't only promising me, but himself. 

"I really don't want to be a burden Harry" my response was muffled by the fabric covering his chest, my head still resting there as my body leaned against his for support. A deep chuckle emanated from his chest, bouncing my head with the beat of his laughter. "What?" 

"Your not going to be a burden Marcy, if anything you'll keep me company. I am alone a lot in that house" a dimpled smile graced his features, that same smile becoming mirrored by my own lips only smaller.

"Then I guess we're roomies?"  

"Well I mean yea if you wanna share the same bed" he winked, his lips kinking upward in a smirk. I rolled my eyes and slapped his chest. 

"It's amazing how you go from charming to a total pervert within seconds."  Despite my words I smiled as I retraced my steps into my house, Harry following. 

"In my defense you did suggest it" he laughed, pulling off his coat. 

"Oh whip that  crooked little grin off your face" I huffed.

"Come on" he smiled, seeing my frustration. "Lets pack up your stuff"

~

It barely took any time at all to pack. It was only the few outfits I had, shoes and bathroom supplies. Harry had asked at least 7 times how I survived with so little seeing as his friend Zayn used tons of product and his Friend Louis was apparently a fan of a lot of clothes. Nevertheless I was content with what I had.

"Are you sure-"

"Oh for the hundreth time yes!!" 

"Sorry"

"not all girls are fashion freaks you know"

"Oh Louis is going to have a field day with you"

"Whats that supposed to mean?!"

"Oh nothing"

"of course"

I smiled slightly to myself as we put my only suit case in the back of the car. I kinda felt as if I was starting a new life. I know I still had my same old job but this was going to  beso different. I was glad Harry would be with me, he  made me feel better. Not so alone anymore. 

Harry closed the trunk of the car and took Oli gently from my grasp, the two finding each others company quite intriguing  "Ready to go?" He grinned, i nodded with a smile as we both walked around the car and sunk into the leather seats. The engine roared to life and Oli climbed over to my side, most likely finding Harry's lap not so stable as Harry pulled out onto the blacktop . 

"Off we go" 

Comment?Vote? Follow ♥