17

Alarmed, Mirio springs up from the chair with a concerned expression on his face

Alarmed, Mirio springs up from the chair with a concerned expression on his face. "What?! Tamaki, you're okay, right?"

"Yeah." The timid teen muttered, lifting his hand to reveal a cow hoof as proof.

"I recovered after I slept."

"I feel better knowing that you can recover from it. So, it's not gone for good?" Rock Lock implored side-eying the teenager.

"No. We will hear from Eraser Head on the matter." Sir Nighteye states, motioning his arm towards the black-haired pro hero.

"It seems to be a little different from my Erasure since I don't attack the Quirk itself directly. The Quirk is an extra part with a special function added to a basic human body. Those "extra parts" are lumped together as Quirk genes. I only stop those genes temporarily but I can't directly inflict damage on them.

From my understanding along with observations, Y/N's ability can remove those genes completely for a limited time, though it doesn't harm these genes."

"Right after Tamaki was shot, we had the hospital take a look at him, and his Quirk genes were damaged." Fat Gum informed the mass of fellow pro heroes occupying the meeting room.

"Thankfully, they healed on their own, and he's now back to normal, though."

Nighteye interlinked his fingers together and hummed. "What about the analysis on what was shot into him?"

"There was nothin' wrong with the rest of his body. It was only his Quirk that received any damage. The guy who shot him isn't sayin' anything' either! The gun is in pieces and the only bullet we had was the one that'd been shot!"

The BMI hero exclaims, his hand momentarily balling up into tightly clenched fists.

"But thanks to Kirishima's brave actions that led to one bouncing' off his body, we were able to get one still filled with the drug!"

Fat Gum's face suddenly contoured into an expression that didn't set well at all with Y/N. "And after analyzin' the contents, we discovered something' that made me sick."

A hauntingly disturbing glint flickers through Fat Gum's eyes as a look of revolution crossed over his face.

"Human blood and cells were inside!"

Y/N uncomfortably shifts in her seat as her jaw clenched tensely. Her heart thumped loudly in her chest in the room that had run silent at the unexpected revelation.

The word's that had fell past Fat Gum's lips washed over the brunette like a tsunami of frigid ice-cold water. Her eyebrows pinched together in immense concentration, so much so she didn't even waiver the moment her fingernails began to dig into the fleshy center on her palm, leaving half crescent moon shaped marks in their wake.

The brunette swallows down the lump forming and clears her throat. "In other words, the effect from this drug came from a person...? Specifically, from this person's Quirk? How does that drug link back to the Hassaikai?"