39

"Hawks!" Tokoyami soars through the air, screaming for his mentor as he forcibly knocked the unprepared villain away from the blonde-haired pro hero; crouching in front of his mentor protectively while Dark Shadow extinguished any remaining embers...

"Hawks!" Tokoyami soars through the air, screaming for his mentor as he forcibly knocked the unprepared villain away from the blonde-haired pro hero; crouching in front of his mentor protectively while Dark Shadow extinguished any remaining embers of blue flames with Tokoyami's cloak. "Fumikage, this is bad."

"Don't say it!" Tokoyami shouted, his gaze never daring to tear away from the dangerous scarred flame quirk wielder who potentially would've killed his mentor had he arrived a moment too late.

"Hawks's back...is gone!" Dark Shadow harrowingly reported the extent of the pro hero's horrific injuries, "his wings...have been burned...!"

"You're from U.A..." Dabi muttered upon the recognition of the young hero-in-training; his bright blue eyes narrowing steely at the wounded blonde, "what a loser! You even dragged out a student? Look at this, kid." Dabi thrusted his thumb behind him to where the deceased body of Twice laid in a pool of his blood.

"That guy killed him. He stabbed him in the back as he ran to save his friends." The villain spat, glaring spiteful daggers straight at the pathetic state of the number two pro hero — ironically sheltered behind a U.A. student.

"Well? What did you come here for? Did you come here to save him? What did you come to save? Those pros you admire so much play dirtier than guys like me."

"Toko...yami..." Hawks croaked weakly as a result of his vocal cords that had been savagely torched by the heat of Dabi's blue flames; his golden eyes have long been glazed over in the excruciating pain, cautiously glanced at the young hero-in-training.

"I am only concerned for my teacher." Tokoyami declared as his arms snaked around Hawks, being ever so mindful of the devastating injuries that had been dealt to his mentor.

Dabi cocked his head sideways, his crazed eyes enlarging as the staples adhering his jaw together with healthy skin — threatened to tear from the demented grin that graced his face, "think for yourself." 

A fiery sphere materializes in the palm of Dabi's hand with increased ferocity as the villain propelled the inferno at the general direction of Tokoyami and Hawks; compelling the teen to roll out of the range of the flames to the best of his capabilities in the narrow passageway that was left of the ruined mountainside Villa.

"He's still talking..." Hawks wheezed nearly inaudibly to Tokoyami who protectively cradled the blonde pro hero in his arms.

"Think about it, you BBQ'ed birds. Who do you think really needs rescuing?" Dabi patronized arrogantly; blue, lethal flames licked his left side in anticipation for his next attack onto the two cornered heroes who were evidently an extremely bad match-up against the villain.

"That's a great question. Why don't you tell me, Dabi...." A voice seeped in unbridled malice snarled from behind the blue flamed quirk user — partnered by the cold feeling of metal digging into the middle of Dabi's back through his coat, "who really needs rescuing?"