20

Y/N was no stranger to pain

Y/N was no stranger to pain. It didn't faze her like it would someone else because she had grown so accustomed to it.

Underneath all the bandages, her skin was marred with numerous scars that decorated her body.

Ranging from old suicide attempts, to jagged stab wounds, to scarred over gunshot wounds.

Every single one of them had been more painful than the last.

The brunette didn't care that with every step she took the fresh bullet wound on her thigh would slowly ooze more blood from the intense pressure from her weight being applied.

She didn't care that her once normal beige pants were being soaked in a dark red, the warmth of her blood trickling down her leg, making the skin sticky.

So what? It didn't matter. She had been through much worse before.

Compared to the possible horrors that poor little Eri had suffered at the hands of Chisaki, this bullet wound of hers was nothing more than a scratch.

Just another scar that would be added to her collection, no big fucking deal. It wasn't the first time a bullet had torn through her body and it damn sure wouldn't be the last.

Her mind numbed out the pain in her leg she'd welcomed. She couldn't bring herself to handle something so trivial when there was someone more important her attention was focused on.

With her gun in her left hand, Y/N trudged through the maze of hallways. Frustration starting to bubble up to the surface, she couldn't tell whether she was getting closer to finding Eri or creating even more distance from her and Eri.

With the stroke of luck, up ahead of the brunette, just around another corner at the end of the hallway she was currently in, were a total of three yakuza thugs conversing amongst themselves in semi-hushed tones.

Y/N stealthily sneaked closer to the corner, pressing her back against the wall she glanced around the wall separating her from the three thugs.

Two of them had their backs facing her while the third one glanced back and forth between the two as their conversation carried on.

"Did you hear? The pros are coming and it's all because of Overhaul."

"Tsk, he's going to be the sole reason for the downfall of the Shie Hassaikai. I just know that if the Boss was awake right now, he wouldn't have allowed any of this to happen. He always despised the plan Overhaul had shared with him, especially since the plan involved his granddaughter, Eri."

At the mention of the little girl's name, Y/N clutched harder onto her weapon, cocking the gun as silently as she could with murder in her eyes blazing.

"Enough, there's nothing much we can do about it now. Remember Overhaul's orders? To stop anybody who we come across that we don't recognize by any means necessary."