Chapter 14

My mouth opened slightly as I took it all in.

It took everything in me to not go full blown crazy on him, I wanted to scream, punch, and destroy everything I saw.

My one true love had been taken from me by the person I hate the most.

Peter looked amused as he saw the whirl of emotions in my eyes, he looked like he was ready for the explosion. But I wasn't going to give him that.

"W-why." I choked out and he shrugged. "I don't like how you're close with him."

I scoffed, "You're unbelievable! You-" I paused as I still didn't want to break cover. My stomach was in waves of pain and I wanted to breakdown on the floor right there. Devin was actually gone.

I would never be able to kiss, hug and laugh with him ever again. He was gone just like Felix and Brian.

And all at the hands of him.

I thought of what brainwashed me would say, 'I agree with you' would be to hard to spit out, it also just makes it too obvious.

"Devin was my friend, I don't care about him. I love you!" I screamed as I went to hug him, he rubbed circles in my back as I couldn't contain the tears and began to cry.

"I love you too, but you need to understand. You're too beautiful to be friends with him. To be friends with anyone." He said and I pulled away from the hug and stared up at him with teary eyes before spitting out another lie.

"I love you so much it hurts."

He wickedly smirked at that, it was a 'well played' smirk.

* * *

Hours passed and I had to look and act happy, like I was okay with everything but inside I felt like I was dying. I was never going to see the boy I love again.

It was late and all the lost boys including Henry who was now allowed outside of his cage, I had to pretend like I hated him which was terrible as well.

Peter grabbed my hand and lead me inside the treehouse where I got changed into my white long sleeved nightgown.

I told him I wanted to read so I went to farthest spot away in the treehouse, I laid down on the cot that was placed there as I began to cry.

I kept crying and soon I was letting out whales and sobs. I'd never felt this much pain and heart ache.

I got up, need and wanting to comfort, I saw Peter who was laying in bed staring at me as I leaned against the treehouse wall and cried.

I walked towards him and laid on the bed with him, he shushed me in soothing way as he rubbed the back of my head as I continued to sob.

(Two days later)

I sat with my knees to my chest on the rocking chair I was sitting on as I stared out the window. Days have passed, I was able to send a message to Regina, to tell them I had gotten my memories back and they received it luckily.

They all told me that they've found a way to finally kill him, we just have to bring him to Storybook which means I have to get there too.

It's terrible, all of this. Having to act happy around Peter. The only good part of this is that I have my best friend Henry back.

Thank god he knows I don't feel for Henry in that way, otherwise he would be dead just like every other boy.

My heart felt empty. I honestly lost all of my happiness and hopes. What will be the point of going back home if I can't be with Devin.