Baby Deer

James age regressing because I just wrote a tough scene of Heart and Soul. The writer needs self care hehe. James has adhd and autism in this one hehe.

James POV

The rest of the day is a blur and a struggle. Peter asks me if I'm okay, tells me that I should skip class. I make it through somehow, even though I've gone nonverbal and I'm right on the edge of losing it.

Remus understands that I need people to not touch me, so he and the others distract everyone. I sit rocking in my chair, quietly jinxing things to fly and zoom around.

Sirius makes paper airplanes like he does when he's bored and anxious in class. I Transfigure them into little Muggle airplanes, giggling as they zoom, zoom, zoom.

It's finally time for lunch, and I'm nervous in anticipation. Sirius sees me with my hands over my ears and nudges Remus and Peter. "James looks overwhelmed. Pete, steal some food."

Peter scurries off, all too eager to obey. I walk back to the dorms, my hands still over my ears. Once I'm back in the dorms, I finally uncover my ears and search for the Emergency Box we have just for this very thing. Inside, I find a Peter, Paul, and Mary cassette. 

Puff the Magic Dragon plays as I curl up in bed, Mr. Dinosaur hugged to my chest. My small toy airplane zooms above me, and I smile and giggle as it does cool tricks and makes airplane noises. 

"Hey...hey, bud. Pete nabbed a good amount of food for you."

I sit up, my little airplane flying around my head. Sirius softly smiles as he hands me a napkin full of food. I take it and mumble, "Thank you."

I eat my food and then go back to laying down and hugging Mr. Dinosaur.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~