moment

More Percy Weasley. Also let's pretend breakcore exists in the early 2000s.

Percy POV || 2001

Are you falling in love? I have a feeling you are. Are you falling in love? With a feeling?

"Hey...Perce...come back, buddy."

So you're running late. And it's not even like you. You were doing so well. Did the dog eat your homework again?

"Mate, you've got to get over her. You're letting her ruin you."

I stare above me. Clouds move across the sky, almost as if they're running. What are they running from? Slow down, there's nothing to run from. Or that's what I used to say. Now, I understand what they're running from.

Oliver tries his best, but the damage has been done. I'm becoming a recluse, hardly leaving my bed, hardly talking when I do. I know I'm acting weird, I know everyone is worried because I never leave my house, but I don't want to stop. How can I, when no one else has to feel this heartbreak?

I write Mum one tear filled night, the same night I go on a bender and wind up asleep in the bathtub. When I wake up, I laugh at my predicament, and then I cry. Percy Weasley is perfect. Percy Weasley never goes on benders. 

But most of all, Percy Weasley never cries. 

Oliver comes over every few days, to drop off food and pull me out of whatever crevice I fell asleep in. This time, I've passed out on the sofa, blankets bundled around me, whimpering in misery. 

He doesn't even need the thermometer to know I've given myself a stress induced fever. "Shoot, Perce."

I pout. "Bad word. I happy see you, Owi."

He ruffles my hair. "Happy to see you too, mate."

The day I find myself in the corner shop, staring at pacifiers and stuffed animals, something clicks in my brain. A slow but simple slide, and I don't even care how I look as I play with stuffed animals and giggle to myself. 

I don't even notice anyone else until I'm staring down at tousled raven hair, and he turns around and I see emeralds behind glasses. I oddly don't panic, because Harry isn't the type to tell secrets. 

After we both check out, he whispers, "My lips are zipped if yours are."

I nod, and then add, "Say, we might as well go to the Burrow, that family gathering is today."

Harry holds up his rather large bag of things. "I've got to put this away first."

Feeling awkward and craving my bed already, I fidget. "Of course, of course. Well, good seeing you, Harry."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"....wake him up, no idea how much he did...no, ma'am, he's unconscious."

Oliver finds me passed out in the street a week later.

I'm given a clean bill of health and told not to drink so much. Oddly, Oliver is told not to leave me unattended for some reason. I don't mind when he begrudgingly watches over me for forty eight hours.

Oli finally snaps when I almost drink again. "Perce, I found you outside, passed out. Don't even think about it."

His harsh tone makes my lip tremble, and his face changes when I begin to cry. "Crap, Perce, I'm sorry."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I go home with Ron, Ginny, Harry and Hermione, Ron quietly checks my temperature.

I'm curled up on the sofa again, having followed them home. I don't know why I did, only that I knew I'm still not allowed to be alone. It didn't matter how much I pleaded with the Healers, they insisted I was a danger to myself.

I mumbled something to Harry, probably something embarrassing. And then, I wasn't on the sofa anymore. I was trying to open the front door.

Harry, who was somehow stronger than me, tugged me back to the couch. I curled back up, hiding under the blankets. "Soff."

"That's right, those blankets are very soft. So stay in bed. You're running a fever."

"Where were you going, silly?" Ron locks the door by magic, and I begin to understand why maybe I shouldn't be by myself.

I tell them just as much, and Ginny swears. "Well, that explains a lot. Perce, you could've said so sooner."

Pouting, I hide under the blankets with Bluey. Bluey is nice. "Pewcy not buwden!"

"You're not a burden, Percy." Hermione says from across the room.

From then on, the night is much cozier. My fever rages on, but I'm kept comfortable. They watch movies, and I stay in my hiding spot. When Ron gives me Mac and cheese, I thank him and eat it up.