🛫Chapter 14🛬

Happy new year everyone

💃💃💃💃💃

May this year be a prosperous one for us.

May the vote on each Chapter increase till the point i'm left in awe😩

Silent Readers..... It's a new year.
Please don't start the year with shakara.

Vote ⭐

Vote oh🤣😂

Chapter 14

Unedited

Sunday

5:00 am

Papa Chinecherem, an old man in his late sixties whose job was to buy early farm product which is usually bought at cheap prices in villages but sold at expensive prices in the heart of town. The truck was loaded with varieties of farm produce, from vegetables to fruits.

While driving, he sighted Sefa on the road, he wasn't sure whether to pull over but he felt compelled anyways to stop the car. "Young lady? What are you doing here? In this kind of place?" He noticed she looked dirty. Her cloth had been smeared with mud and grime. She must have slept on the bare ground cause there was sand and dry leaf stuck in between her braids.

"Abi, you no dey hear ibo?" He asked but she kept quiet then he shook his head realizing she probably wasn't normal. "Ewo... Where you come out from? From that bush?" He asked pointing but she kept quiet still glancing at the trees.

The man opened the door, "Enter fast before the people way catch you see you" He begged but she hesitated, "I for drive oh if not be say something dey disturb me make I help you. I no want problem abeg"

Sefa turned to Kilahi who was still beside her as though waiting to get permission from her. The the old man wondered who she was looking at her. After receiving permission, Sefa entered into the truck and the man drove off immediately.

Alonso and the search party walked around the bush with line of torches twinkling in the darkness. They've not slept all night! It was actually safer to search than go back knowing Buchi was going to skin them alive literarily.

Alonso searched every grass using his bare hands. Perhaps she was using the grass as concealment tactics so he had to look more carefully there. He was hopeful he'll find her since they haven't come across any foot prints.

He was sure she was hiding somewhere.

"Alonso!" One of the men shouted and he ran towards him hopefully, "What's up?" He asked and the man splashed the torchlight at the ground. "Na just me or this thing be like person sleep for here?"

Alonso squats studying the ground, of course someone slept there, the fog from the trees already made the atmosphere wet. Someone definitely slept there.

"How e possible? We don search here like 100 and ten thousand times, abi na sleep eyes we been they use?"

He turned his torchlight facing the surroundings across the spot. "What do you notice?" "Say person being sleep here" "And the person stand" "Exactly! Before nko? Na how she commot here"

"You see any footstep around?"

The man flickered his torch light on the floor, the realization made goose pimple swirl all over him. "Except our own. How that one possible? Na fly she fly? See as my head come dey swell. Sure say that babe no be witch so?"