🍂 Chapter 31🍂

There's still no light oh😫

Beg these guys for me... I dun understand warris going on anymore

*Made some changes to the date😂

Chapter 31

Unedited

Uncle Adzer pulled over in front of the house. It was drizzling and the wind shield wiper relentlessly waved left and right. "How are we going to get out without getting wet?" "That one is a riddle" Sewuese replied from behind and he chuckles softly. "The rain could not wait for us to enter first" He complained looking at his wife who had a gloomy countenance.

"My dear, cheer up"

"I can't. I almost didn't listen to anything in church"

Sewuese exhaled, "Mom, Dad, I know it's hard to have expectations and have them ruined. I've not had kids but I once met a man name Jamal who I thought was going to be my first and last, who i thought I'll get married to. It might not be the same hurt but I can relate because I also had my share in putting you guys through this process of distrust after I had sex. The good thing is that, you guys didn't push me away, i don't want to be in Sefa's shoe right now cause as much as what she said sounded disrespectful, there's truth in it. To think I also pushed her away!" She shrugged and shook her head.

"She needs us and we need to show her love and support like the family we are. If she doesn't receive it from us, we'll push her further until she gets it elsewhere"

Aunty Mabel cried.

Sewuese took off her wig, held her bag and shoe in her hand then she ran into the rain up to.the front porch.

Aunty Mabel nods, "She's right! Sefa is right too! Mom didn't push me away. We've been hard on her"

"I've been the hardest. We'll talk to her when she gets back" "I need to talk to Mom first..."

"In the car?"

"Yeah... I'll lock the door, you can leave the keys"

Uncle Adzer leaned in, then he kissed her on the forehead, "You're getting hot" "I'll be fine. I just need some time alone" "Okay...."

The moment he shut the door, Aunty Mabel screamed her lungs out slamming the dashboard. She needed to get that off her chest. Then she l leaned against the window watching the rain as it drizzled. Quickly she room her phone and dialed her mother's number. The first time, it was directed to a Yoruba speaking woman but she ended the call and tried it again.

"My lovable Mabel" Her mother's voice came out, "Mommy good afternoon" She answered, there was something about her mother's voice that washes peace all over her.

"Good afternoon. Happy Sunday, how was service?" "Fine, yours?" "Beautiful.. I prayed for everyone of my children, I prayed for my grandchildren and I got a confirmation from God, he said all things shall be well. Deep down I was like, is there a storm that I don't know about? Well, I don't want to know what it is Sir, do what you can do! Gaskiya ne, Allah ne kaɗai zai iya yi (Truly, it's only God that can do it)"

"Yes"

"How are they?"

"Fine, toh we just got back from church"

"And Kilahi? That one must be sewing now, always looking to something to put her head inside. Chu chu chu chu, always busy so that she will mind her business"