-tweleve-

AMARI ROUSSEAU

I explained everything that happened that night from Annie agreeing to babysit Manny up until she said me getting raped was my fault and me having to kick her out. I looked up at Nikolai and he shook his head. "The audacity of that girl is unbelievable."

"That's what I'm saying!"

"But are you ok, that must've been difficult."

"Don't worry, it's all good." I said, smiling weakly. He stood up and stretched his arms out to me.

"Come here, princess." I got up, accepting his hug and he rubbed my back as I sniffed.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to start crying." He pulled away and wiped my cheeks, telling me it was ok. "I think the hardest part of that day was having to speak to Antoine about it. It just made me realise how much he's matured. I pretty much raised him with Papa and now he's grown up."

"From the sounds of it you did an amazing job with him. He's gonna grow older and so will Manny but that's ok, you've been an amazing mum."

"Thank you." I whispered. I looked up at him and, fuck me, that smile was doing something to me.

Without thinking I smashed my lips onto his and he moaned into it once I pushed my tongue into his mouth. My arms reached up around his neck and his hands dropped to my waist, pulling my hips against his.

He pulled away ever so slightly so my lips were barely touching his. I moved closer but he made his lips ghost over mine teasingly. I breathed out a laugh whilst he smirked before he brought our lips back together.

"Friends, my ass." We heard Blue's voice say and I tried to quickly pull away from Nikolai but his hold on my waist tightened, keeping me to him.

I rolled my eyes at Nikolai and he loosened his grip, letting me take a step back from him. "H-hey, Blue." I said, clearing my throat.

"Hi, Amari." He said with a huge grin on his face. "You're looking a bit flustered there, is everything ok?" I heard Nikolai chuckle from behind me and I shook my head at them both.

"I'm good. But hey, talking about flustered, how's it going with you and Mae?"

"Very good actually. We've been on 3 very successful dates."

"Really?" I said in shock.

"Don't be so shocked, where's the vote of confidence, Amari?"

"Sorry, it's just during the conversation at the store you couldn't even string a normal sentence. I mean, you told her your name was Bluca and went on for ages about how your brothers almost killed you."

"Don't forget he stared at her boobs for a whole minute, told her he wasn't looking at them and then proceeded to say she had a great set of boobs." Nikolai added, making me laugh.

"Myles has better game than you, Blue."

"It's not my fault, I got nervous. And he got his immaculate game from me, actually." Blue said, slumping into the seat.

"Sure he did. Is she coming to the party?"

"She is. Oh, make sure you talk to her and tell her how amazing I am."

"Yeah, don't worry. I got you." I made my way to the door. "I'll see you guys later, I need to start getting some work done."

"I'll see you later, princess." I subconsciously bit my lip and smiled at Nikolai.

"Bye." I closed the door behind me and my smile immediately dropped when my eyes met Nikolai's assistant's. She came storming up to me and stood right in my face. I leaned back slightly but she moved closer towards me.