-twenty four-

AMARI ROUSSEAU

I took my purse from the table but froze once I turned around to see Mr Evans flash the gun at his waist. I felt my heart sink slightly as I looked up at him cautiously. "My brother is missing." I said to Niko but my eyes didn't leave his father.

"What?" He said, quickly coming over to me.

"Papa called. He hasn't seen him this morning and he's not answering his phone. He lied about going to his mate's house, nobody knows where he is." Mr Evans let out a chuckle before leaving the room, Ellie excused herself and followed behind him.

"I'll be back keep calling him, I just need two minutes and then we'll leave."

"Niko-"

"Two minutes, I promise, princess." He kissed my forehead, I nodded and started calling Ant as Niko left. The door closed but it was quickly followed by the sound of shouting. I did my best to block it out and kept ringing Ant's phone.

"He calls you princess?" Kate asked. I completely forgot she was here.

"Yeah, from the first day we met." I said absentmindedly as I started to check Ant's location. She laughed quietly and smiled to herself. "What?"

"When he was a kid, around 5 or 6, he used to say he'd marry a princess. That she'd come when he was least expecting it and he'd make her the happiest person ever. And that he'd love her forever." I looked up from my phone and smiled lightly at her.

"That's cute, sounds like a very Niko thing to say."

I started to leave Ant a shit load of messages as we stayed in a comfortable silence. "He's found his princess." Kate mumbled quietly, making me look up at her once again.

"Wait-"

"Let's go, Mar." Niko said as we walked back in, his face slightly red.

"I hope you find you brother." I thanked her and took Niko's hand as we walked out of the family home. I saw Mr Evans in the corner of my eye with blood dripping down his nose.

We sat down in the car and Niko let out a breath. "Did he answer any of your calls?"

"No, his location is off too." I said but my voice came out shakier than I would've liked. "Niko, he's never done anything like this before. He's never just left. What if something's happened to him?"

"Hey, come on, don't think like that. He'll be ok." He said, cupping my cheeks.

"Is it ok if you drop me off at home? I need to check his room to see if he took anything in particular with him. I'll take my car to look for him. We'll cover more ground that way."

"Princess, are you sure you're ok to drive right now?" I nodded and he looked at me hesitantly before starting the car.

————

NIKOLAI EVANS

"I'll call you if I find him." I said before she walked back into the house. I started driving and I called Blue. "I need you to find Antoine."

"Amari's brother?"

"Yeah, he's gone missing. I need to know where he is and to make sure this is him leaving by himself and not something mafia related."

"Ok, give me a minute." I heard his keyboard in the background and not long after he said he had found him. "He's at that lake we used to go to. It's five minutes away from where you are right now. I don't think this has anything to do with the mafia, no one would've taken him here. Some of our men are close by if you need them though."