-thirty seven-

AMARI ROUSSEAU

"Sely!" Manny shouted as we walked in through the door. He went to hug her and her face lit up, making me smile lightly.

"Hi, Manny."

"Baby, Selena and Ryan will be living with us for a bit, ok?" He gasped loudly in excitement.

"Can I show her the cinema room?"

"Of course. Take her to meet the twins first and then you can all go together." He nodded, took Sely's hand and they went on their way.

"You look tired. I'll take you to a room so you can have a nap." I whispered to Ryan.

"These are Ant's, they'll be a bit big but we'll have to make it work for now." Ryan nodded slowly and started to change into them. I had put him in the guest room next to Ant's just so he wasn't completely by himself and the twins, Manny and Sely would all be in the rooms in that corridor too.

"Can I ask you a question?" He asked quietly.

"Sure." I said, sitting next to him on the bed.

"Did you really push Mum down the stairs?" My face dropped and I looked at him in confusion.

"Ryan, why would you ask that?"

"Dad said you pushed Mum down the stairs and treated her horribly, that's why she left you." Trey told him that? That's rich coming from him since he was the one who actually pushed her - while she was pregnant might I add.

"I would never do that. He was lying to you. Oh my- is that why you didn't like me because you thought I hurt your mum?"

"Yeah, I didn't know it was a lie. I'm sorry for being rude to you. You helped Selena so thank you."

"I'm here for you too, you know, not just for Selena." Ryan nodded slowly and I ran my hands over his hair before kissing his forehead. He had a similar hair texture to me but his hair colour was a little lighter.

"What will we do about school?"

"You go to a private school, don't you?"

"I used to. We were homeschooled the month before the summer holidays started."

"Why?" He shrugged and I nodded my head. "I can't homeschool you but we can put you in a school. How about you join Ant's one?"

"Is it a normal one?"

"It's not private, it's a state school, is that ok?"

"Yeah, I hated my old one anyway."

"I'll sort it out for you, I'll see if you can join when the term starts in a couple of weeks." He wrapped his arms around me tight and pushed his head into the crook of my neck.

"Thank you so much." I told him it was no problem before telling him to get some rest and leaving him to it.

I immediately went to mine and Nikolai's room, where I found him laying in the bed topless. I stood by the bed and started changing out of my clothes. "I'm sorry, I should've asked if they could stay here-"

"Hey, no, don't do that. We both know we couldn't leave them there."

"But with everything going on, is this the best place for them to be?"

"Mar, the safest place for both of them right now is in this house with all of us." He sat up against the headboard and motioned me over to him. I straddled his lap so I was facing him and he smiled at me. "You know that's one of the things I love most about you, princess." He mumbled as he leaned forward, his lips a couple inches from mine.