-forty six-

AMARI ROUSSEAU

I ended up taking a nap with Niko but when I woke up he was still asleep so I decided to go downstairs to find something to eat. "Jer, you're here again."

"Yep. This house is so nice, I'm thinking of moving in."

"At this rate you might as well, you've spent more nights here than at your own home in the last week. Remind me to call your mum too."

"Damn, are you making me go home?"

"No, you know we love having you here, Jeremy. I just want to check in with her, it's been a while since I spoke to her properly, that's all. Now, where's Ryan?"

"I'm here." He said, walking into the kitchen.

"How was today?"

"So much better since I didn't have Knox."

"We have a meeting with her tomorrow morning before school. Don't worry, we'll get it sorted out for you." He nodded and thanked me and all of them took a bunch of snacks before making their way to the cinema room. I heard Danny's voice from down the corridor, speaking to them and I waited for him to come in.

He smiled softly at me and I reached out to hug him. "Hey, Ri."

"Hi." I whispered. "Ugh, your sweaty."

"Yeah, sorry. I spent the day at the gym." He said as he backed away.

"What about your mum?"

"I texted her."

"You told me you were going to visit her, Danny. You spent the whole day by yourself?" He shrugged his shoulders before going to the fridge. "You shouldn't have been alone after-"

"I'm going to make a smoothie, do you want one?" He said, cutting me off, completely changing the subject. He looked at me with sad eyes, silently begging me to drop the subject. I sighed quietly and let him have his way.

"Absolutely not, I'm not drinking that abomination." Relief visibly washed over him as he laughed.

"Thought so."

"Liv, what about you?" Danny asked her as she walked in. "You want some of my smoothie, I can make extra-"

"Fuck no." She said in disgust.

"You can't even blame us, it looks sickening and tastes even worse." He laughed and turned his back to start making it.

I sat on the kitchen counter as we all spoke. I made sure to tell Danny about Niko agreeing to let us go back into work, which he was excited for.

"You left." I heard from the door. Niko dragged his feet as he walked towards me and I held out my arms to him. He stood between my legs and buried his head into my chest.

"Still can't believe he runs the mafia." Danny muttered and I laughed.

"I know right, he's like a big teddy bear or something."

"I will shoot you both."

"On the ass?"

"Nah, he's already been through that. I'm sure it's an experience he wouldn't want us to go through." I mentally face palmed myself at Danny's comment.