Chapter Fifteen

Punch, kick, block, repeat. I repeated those steps as Natasha kept fighting me. I threw a kick at her abdomen. She blocks it. I feel someone behind me, I instinctively turned around, giving Natasha the upper hand. When I realized my mistake, I duck down. That caused Natasha to punch Loki in the face. 

I moved swiftly behind the god, trying to take one of his training daggers from his hand. He sensed this causing him to face me. He put me in a headlock and his dagger against my neck, I hooked my leg around his right one. He fell down before he could "cut" my throat. In an instant Natasha's focus was on me. She was in her training suit, which meant nothing to grab on for my advantage. 

My breath became shallow, my heart raced, but I pushed the feel of adrenaline down, I only focused on the fight at hand. 

When she threw a punch at my head, I caught her wrist. I pull her to the ground, I blocked her from getting up, a training knife was held in my hand. She knocked it out of my hand. I pushed my forearm against her neck, knowing it was a tactic to stop the enemy from moving out of my grasp. 

I felt a forceful hand pulling me off of Natasha. I fell on my back, Loki on top of me, restraining me. Instead of pushing or punching I grasped his hair from the root, forcing his head to the side. I grabbed my knife that was on the ground beside me, holding it against his cheek. He smirked, before he could do anything I "sliced" his neck. He fell to the ground. 

Natasha stood in awe before she got in a defensive stance. She came at me full force, throwing punches, she had no strategy anymore, I could see that. It was easy to dodge her attacks. 

They taught us grace in the Red Room, but Hydra taught me brutal force. 

She finally pulled out her gun, aiming it at my head. I hesitated, but soon made the decision to catch her off guard. I take my knife I had. I threw it at her head, her eyes narrowed. She pulled the triggered, a foam bullet flies out. It took a couple of seconds for the bullet to reach the middle of the room, I ducked as my knife almost made it to her side. I looked up to see her on the ground. 

Wanda stepped in the room, she looked around, so did the others as they followed her. I sat on the matt below me, wanting to rest for a minute. Barton made his way over to me with a bottle of water. His eyes filled with concern, so did Natasha's when she looked to me. I didn't realize that I was panting until Barton pointed to my chest. 

"Water," he signed to me. I shook my head. "Now," he signed, sternly. I took the bottle from him, sipping on the water.  

I got up from the ground moving through the others, Stark looked at me with curious eyes. I had never seen that look from him before. Anyway, I moved through, as I made my way to my room. The halls were filled with Agents, some ignoring me, some had some looks that were directed at me.  I kept my head down the whole walk to the main room. I finally made it to the hall that held our rooms. 

As I walked in my room, Barton was already sat on my bed, facing the door. He made a motion for me to sit next to him, which I did. 

"You did great with training today," he commented. "I know that must have been hard," he added. I nodded subtly. "T-o-n-y wants to speak with you tomorrow," I gave him an intrigued look. 

"Why?" 

"I can't say," he replied. 

"Did I do something wrong?" I asked. I couldn't have done something wrong; I mean all I did was train, or did he think I made a wrong move? What could I had done that he wants me to speak with him?   

"No, no, no. Stop that," he shot down my thoughts. "You didn't do anything wrong, you did something right," he signed. 

I did something right? What did I do right? What could I have possibly done to be right? 

After some talking and having a normal conversation, Barton left the room, going to do something that I can't remember. 

Later that day I meant with Stark in his lab. He was working on one of his suits, which wasn't all that odd--I noticed through the month I've been here that he treated all his suits with care. Since he wanted to have a conversation with me while working on his suit, Agent Coulson was there to translate for us. 

I looked Stark as he banged his suit with a screwdriver, he said some words, I looked to Coulson who was shaking his head. Then he started to sign. 

"As you were training today, it showed promise," he started. "You may already know of the Avengers Initiative from you time in H-y-d-r-a," he took a breather from signing. "I wanted to recruit you for the cause, I've already spoken to R-o-g-e-r-s, and he agreed. So, I ask this, will you join us?" 

My words got stuck in my throat. Was he really asking me that? I want to deny the offer, I killed so many innocents. I don't want to let the Avengers down, how can I be a part of a team that saves? The Avenger's Initiative was made to stop earth threats, I am-was one of those threats, I could jeopardize this team, because of my history...Do I want that to happen? Of course, I don't, but do I want to become something more? Yes? No? Maybe? I don't know...

I saw the look in Stark's eyes as he looked at me, peaking from behind his suit. I looked to Agent Coulson, they both had soften eyes, looking for an answer from me. I looked between the two, I debated and debated in my head when I came up with an answer...