sanctuary

"Hello" Te'rani smiled down at the waist - level water, where her best friend and mount, Ayu'te swam.

The ilu's clicks and whistles were interrupted by the screech of something more menacing.

Te'rani and her ilu both looked up at the source of the sound. An ikran.

Ayu'te let out a few whistles in shock. Te'rani, however, just stood there, confused.

"....what..?" A confused whisper left her mouth. She counted four of them in the sky, majestic and intimidating.

Ayu'te must have noticed all the 9ther Na'vi around them swimming to follow the strange visitors since she was trying to get Te'rani to move and follow them.

Te'rani shook her head lightly and looked back at Ayu'te with a smile.

This was going to be....intriguing.

She immediately dropped her fishing net and got onto her ilu's back and rode as fast as she could towards where the ikran's were heading.

Te'rani's heart beat quickened in excitement.

As she followed them, she could hear the horn blow above her.

All the Metkayina people in sight were rushing to see what the Ikran riders were here for.

Finally, the Ikrans landed on a small patch of sand in the village.

Te'rani noticed her niece, Tsireya behind her on her own ilu.

"Come! quickly!" She said to Tsierya.

The two shared an excited smile as Tsireya's ilu caught up with Ayu'te.

Te'rani looked ahead of her, where the foreign Na'vi had landed.

They completely stood out because of their much darkerer skin tone.

Both Te'rani and Tsireya let go of their ilus and swam till they could stand in the shallow water, the younger girl emerging a little ahead of her.

Te'rani was much taller than her niece, so she would often rest her hands around Tsireya's shoulders or ruffle her hair.

Te'rani should have smiled, but instead she just stared in awe. These people...they were beautiful. And so were their Ikran.

She had never felt so nervous and excited at the same time.

She took this time to notice exactly how many of the forest Na'vi were here.

There was a woman, a girl, two boys and a younger child clinging to the woman's side.

She noticed one of them, a boy, staring at her niece, wide eyed.

Te'rani pushed back a strand of her hair that stuck on her neck.

Her eyes then met with the woman who turned back and also noticed the boy's reaction.

The woman was leading her family as she looked around quickly, taking in the number of Na'vi surrounding them. The woman also held a bow in her hand, which, was not the best tactic as far as Te'rani could tell.

She looked familiar though. Too familiar.

Te'rani's breath got stuck in her throat as she met eyes with The woman.

Her heartbeat began to accelerate much faster as she stared at her bright yellow eyes.

She couldn't believe how beautiful she was.

Te'rani neared the family with slow steps with her niece by her side.

The woman motioned "I see you" to her, causing Te'rani's eyes to widen a little and immediately repeat her action.