lie

Neytiri moved beside Te'rani, not standing as close as she wanted to as Tonowari passed beside her to enter his marui.

Ronal nodded at him silently.

Te'rani glared daggers at both of them, knowing what was to come. How could they do this? Did they have no hearts at all?

What happened to the sister and brother in law she knew? This was the sky people's fault, not Neytiri's. They had made the decision to give them sanctuary and now because the consequences are bad they're going to hide?

"The village elders have decided to not let your family stay with us anymore" Tonowari said sadly. At least he had empathy. Te'rani thought.

She didn't have to turn to know Neytiri's ears fell back. Her gaze went to look at nothing in particular.

Were they happy now? They'd successfully destroyed the only last bits of happiness their family had. Te'rani thought.

Ronal suddenly had the urge to stay quiet, not looking at Te'rani as she fumed. Te'rani huffed slightly. Did they not have the courage to look at her?

Neytiri was speechless. No, she knew what to say. She just didn't know how to. Not when her children have never been happier, she had never been happier.

How could they do this? Both Neytiri and Te'rani thought.

"Lo'ak is a brother of Tulkun he cannot be told to leave! They are all our people now" Te'rani argued. Neytiri barely heard half her statement. She was trapped in her head. But when she heard that last sentence, it gave her some the least bit of hope.

"So were our people! The Ta'unui village was burnt because of them, do you even know how long it takes to-" Ronal spoke venomously.

"Of course I do!" Te'rani fired back.

"You can't do this. You can't make them leave" She shook her head.

Tonowari looked at her sadly. "The village elders have decided it. Not us. We cannot help you"

Te'rani kept her gaze strictly on Ronal and she raised a brow. "Oh really? Or did you want this"

"I didn't want my spirit sister to die! Her calf, Te'rani! Her calf was not even 3 months old and the last thing he saw was his mother dying!" Ronal shouted.

"She is your spirit sister too, how can you even think if letting these murderers-"

"They are NOT murderers. I have seen what the sky people do, what they did to me they are going to do to her children too"

"They are going to do that to every other child in this village if she doesn't leave" Ronal argued.

"...If she leaves, then I will too" Te'rani stated firmly.

"Don't be so immature-"

"We are mated." Te'rani blurted.

The silence was louder than their shouts that came before.

Neytiri stared at Te'rani in shock.

No they weren't.

Neytiri's heart woukd have warmed at how sure Te'rani was about their future, if it weren't for the pressing situation they faced.

She knew that if Te'rani were to ask, she would give her her everything. All they had to do was form a tsaheylu and it would only confirm what was already confirmed. They loved eachother.

Te'rani knew her sister was talking from a mourning heart, but Neytiri didn't deserve to hear that. She didn't deserve what was happening to her. But what happened to Roa was something she didn't have words to describe for. She could come close by saying 'terrible, tragic, sad'. But none conveyed the emotional weight of a spirit sister's death other than her living sister's cries.