tulkun return

Te'rani sighed as she finished the final touch on her two daggers.

One was tinted purple, And the other blue. These were - from what she had learnt - the typical dagger of a forest na'vi warrior.

Te'rani had been working on this gift for not long a all. Three days to be exact. And two nights.

Rather than the sharpened bones of a forest animal, the blades for these knives were made out of traditional sea glass. A perfect omage to Neytiri. Though her roots were in the forest, her new place of dwelling was the sea.

Te'rani curled her toes and stretched her arms. She was almost ready for the day. Only thing left now was to meet Neytiri and give this gift to her.

Making a piece of clothing or weaponry for another person was considered a sign of deep respect and even love. Which is why Te'rani thought that it would be the perfect way for her to confess her feelings to Neytiri.

Te'rani took a deep, content breath and looked at the two daggers. They were perfect. Everything was perfect.

And thats when she heard the loud blow of a horn. Loud whispers of people all around her were heard. Their voices grew louder by the second.

"Tulkun!"

"The tulkun have returned!" Someone else shouted.

Te'rani smiled widely and placed both the daggers on either side of the waistband on her loincloth.

She ran down the bouncy path while everyone around her jumped off into the water.

Tsireya was on an ilu seeming to be headed to the same marui as Te'rani.

"Our Tulkun brothers and sisters have returned!" She said aloud.

Neytiri looked out of her Mauri and saw Te'rani running to her with a smile.

She dodged the many Metkayina people diving into the water.

Te'rani let out excited yelps and hoots as she ran.

"Ma'Tiri, come!" Te'rani said.

Neytiri smiled at her excitement and glanced back at her children who were watching the villagers leave.

"The Tulkun are here! Let's meet them" Tuk said.

Neytiri smiled at them and saw Te'rani as she went dived from the high platform where they stood.

She came back up on an ilu and motioned for Neytiri to come along with her, which she did.

They swam quickly into the reef, where hundreds of Tulkun jumped up out of the water in excitment. They were huge.

Te'rani made her ilu swim under a tulkun, smaking Neytiri actually realize just how big these creatures were. They saw the tattoos on the tulkun's stomach, curved lines of stars and moons.

Neytiri had never seen Te'rani so happy. This laughter, her happiness, her priceless smile....it made Neytiri forget the world for her.

Te'rani surfaced on her ilu and swam past Neteyam, who was smiling and admiring the graceful creatures.

Te'rani took a gasp of breath agaib before going into the water and seeing the many number of Tulkun that were swimming freely below.

Neytiri held onto the ilu's long queue as she let her body float in the water.

Te'rani smiled as she looked for her spirit brother.

They came across Roa and her new calf.

Te'rani tapped Neytiri's thight and pointed towards the mother and calf.