converging paths

"My son and daughter, Ao'nung and Tsireya will help you learn our ways"

Te'rani smiled brightly at her niece, and then the family.

She met eyes with Neytiri again, causing her heart beat to increase.

Her smile immediatly faltered when she heard Ao'nung about to protest, but have Tonowari deny him. Ao'nung silently groaned and met eyes with Te'rani, who bit the inside of her cheek and raised her brow.

"Come, let me show you our village" Tsireya said brightly.

She turned and began walking towards the area filled with mauries.

Ao'nung huffed slightly and Te'rani placed a hand on his shoulder, guiding him to the back of the family who were gathering their things.

As she walked, she kept her eyes glued to the front, but she noticed the short stare she got from Neytiri.

Ao'nung helped lift an item that was placed on the ground and walked ahead without saying a word.

Te'rani noticed the younger boy lifting a bag that looked heavy from his ikran.

"Let me" She said as she reached her arms out for him to pass the bag to her.

He looked at her unsure for a second, but handed it to her anyways.

"Thank you" He mumbled.

She just smiled and nodded slightly as she motioned for him to walk ahead of her.

Ao'nung stood in front of him, walking towards the mauries.

Te'rani walked at the very end, mind racing with thoughts about the new family.

She really hoped not much trouble would be caused for them.

"Right this way" She heard Tsireya's voice from far up ahead of her.

They walked to the bouncy paths that led to mauries everywhere. Te'rani turned to look at her house. As they passed by it, she saw her friends, Kat'nu and Aa'pau walking out of her marui, confused. Their facial expressions gave a clear sign they did not have the slightest idea what was happening.

Te'rani laughed slightly at them, shrugging her shoulders.

The youngest child began bouncing happily on the path while her sister told her to continue walking.

An ilu greeted the little girl, who giggled at the creature that was completly new to her.

Te'rani smiled. She realized that it this place was completly different from the forest. These kids and Neytiri would have a lot to learn to fit in. But there's fun in that as well. When everything is new, life feels like a vacation.

That's when an idea snapped into her mind. She would help Neytiri adapt.

That would be perfect! All Te'rani could think of were ways to talk to and get to know her.

Suddenly they all came to a stop.

"Your new home" Tsireya's voice rung out.

The oldest son, he set down his luggage and looked at the mauri.

He seemed excited about the new and probably strange looking home. The boy smiled at his siblings, a sweet moment interrupted by Neytiri dropping her rolled up mat which fell with a thud

Tsireya and Te'rani cringed slightly and shared a look.

Te'rani placed the bag down inside the Marui.

She turned to the family with a smile.

Neytiri turned to her, causing her to suddenly feel a million times more nervous.