payakan

Neytiri sat worried, next to Te'rani in her mauri.

The Tsahik was performing a healing ritual on an unconscious Kiri. The night had passed an now the sun had risen, but Kiri had not.

Te'rani held Neytiri's hand reassuringly as she watched Kiri. Neytiri had held Te'rani's hand with both of her's, close to her heart. She kept muttering prayers to Eywa.

Tuk was the closest to Kiri, touching her sister's hair, waiting for her to awake.

Ronal continued her healing process.

"Kiri" Tuk gasped.

Neytiri and Te'rani immediatly moved forward and saw Kiri coughing.

"Kiri..." Neytiri soothed.

Ronal got up and left the family and Te'rani to themselves.

Te'rani kept her eyes on Kiri, who scrunched up her face and began crying.

Te'rani's heart broke a million times at seeing her cry so helplessly.

"Oh Kiri.." Te'rani sighed and held Neytiri close while she hugged her daughter.

It must've been really hard for Kiri to go through that.

Kiri sobbed into Neytiri's chest and held onto her tightly.

Neteyam and Lo'ak came into the room to see their sister. hey had pained expressions at seeing Kiri like this. "Kiri..." Lo'ak murmured, feeling bad to see his sister like this.

Neytiri watched her daughter sadly while Tuk hugged her close, sad to see her sister so troubled.

Kiri was shaking, but her whimpers grew quieter. Slowly, she began to calm down.

Te'rani was someone who always loved spending time with children. They were funny, hopeful and had so much to learn. They were Eywa's children. But there were always moments when those children would be in pain. Moments like this. Moments that Te'rani found hard to watch.

Slowly, Neytiri pulled away to look at Kiri.

"You're okay, my daughter" she said. Kiri looked up at her with a tear stained face.

Te'rani looked at Tuk, who was crying. She let go of Neytiri. Te'rani wanted to be there for Kiri, wanted to hug her tight and make sure she felt okay, but Kiri had her family with her, ready to do the same.

Te'rani backed away and stood up. She left the mauri, not noticing Kiri's sad gaze on her as she walked away.

The entire day was just a really bad one for her.

She was clouded with dark thoughts. Something bad was coming. She could feel it.

Te'rani decided to stay curled up in her Mauri alone, weaving. It was the only thing that helped her think. Though, now she wasn't only weaving a simple mat. She was crafting a weapon. A knife.

Making weapons was easier, since the material was thicker and took up more space. She was a natural at the art. She finished making one handle to a knife.

She stared in silence at the spears on her wall and the view of children and adults playing in the water far next to her.

Te'rani closed her eyes and sighed, burying her head in her knees. It was just one of those days where she felt like absolute crap. Seeing Neytiri and Kiri so unhappy a while ago made her feel drained.

She tried her best ta calm her thoughts and focus on anything but the pain she felt nagging her mind.

Things were silent during this time of the day, it was noon, closer to sun down, but not close enough.

Te'rani began to hear fast footsteps.

Her ears perked up before she lifted her head she saw Neytiri rushing out of her marui. Te'rani noticed that she was alone. Where was she going? She decided to follow her.

Te'rani stood up and walked as fast as she could. "What happened?" She asked, seeing that Neytiri was clearly anxious.

"The Olo'eyktan and Tsahik want to talk to Lo'ak" Neytiri fussed, their marui coming into view.

Te'rani grew worried as well. What happened? Her brows furrowed. Neytiri held her wrist, worried.

Te'rqni's free hand immediately flew to place itself above Neytiri's and give it a reassuring squeeze. Her sons came into their vision, walking to Ronal's marui.

Tonowari waited inside with Tsireya next to him.

Ronal waited for Lo'ak to go before her.

Tsireya gave him a worried look, while he looked emotionless, and maybe even angry.

But not as angry as Tonowari and Ronal.

"You allowed him bond with the outcast!" oh.

Tonowari noticed Te'rani next to Neytiri behind Lo'ak.

"And you, son of a great warrior" Tonowari looked at Lo'ak and Neytiri.

"- who has been taught better." He scolded.

Neytiri looked between her sons and Tonowari. What was happening? What did they do now?

Tsireya looked like she was going to start crying.

Te'rani placed a reassuring hand on her back.

"Sit" Tonowari said.

"SIT DOWN" He repeated when no one listened.

Everyone dropped down, including Neytiri and Te'rani behind them.

Tsireya whimpered. Lo'ak looked at her, upset that she was being blamed for his actions.

Neytiri fully squatted down while Te'rani bent one of her knees, leaning closer behind Tsireya to listen.

Tonowari sighed.

"During the time of the first songs, The Tulkun faught amongst eachother for terriotry"

"But they realized that killing, no matter how justified, only brings more killing"

"This the tulkun way. Payakan is a killer. So, he is outcast" Tonowari explained calmly.

Ronal stood beside her son as she listened, placing a hand on her chest.

"I'm sorry sir, but you're wrong" Lo'ak said.

"Lo'ak! You speak to Olo'eyktan" Neytiri reminded.

"I know, I-" he paused.

Te'rani looked at Lo'ak with surprise. This boy had courage. He stuck up for his friend, it was admirable. Te'rani obviously believed him. She just wished everyone else did.

"I know what I know" Lo'ak shrugged.

Ronal let out a frustrated scrawl.

Te'rani looked at Lo'ak, she looked sad that everyone was denying him, he saw it from the corner of his eyes.

Neytiri stood slightly and held his arm tightly, wordlessly pulled him up.

"I'll deal with this" She said to herself.

She walked him away from the mauri.

Te'rani gave a worried glance to Neteyam before he left with them too.