friends

Te'rani was patrolling around the reef to look for Lo'ak. Neytiri had gone in another direction to look for him.

Te'rani was very close to the outskirts of the reef.

She was with Ayu'te, looking out into the opening outside the reef.

She stared at that place, and saw something big splash in the water. And if that wasn't enough, she heard a loud whistle. One only a tulkun could make.

She squinted her eyes, and made Ayu'te go closer, only to find a boy swimming towards her, but behind him something much larger seemed to swim away.

Te'rani recognized it immediately. Payakan.

So it was true.

For some reason, Te'rani was still shocked. It was Payakan himself, swimming away and from the reef.

Lo'ak swam towards her and waved his arms.

"Hey!" He tried to get her attention.

Te'rani shook her head and led Ayu'te closer to him.

She reached her hand out to help him, which he took and got onto Ayu'te's back.

"Are you alright?" She asked him. Lo'ak nodded. "Yeah"

"Hold on" she told him before speeding back towards the village.

She didn't speak at all, she was lost in her thoughts.

Her visions were true. They were actually true.

So he and Payakan did meet. And they were becoming friends.

Her heart was telling her that Payakan wasn't a mindless killer.

Her vision didn't show him hurting Lo'ak. Eywa had showed her that Payakan wasn't who everyone believed him to be.

People saw Te'rani and Lo'ak behind her.

"The Forest boy has returned!" Someone shouted.

Te'rani stopped Ayu'te right infront of a platform leading to the mauries, where many other Metkayina people were there.

She let Lo'ak get off first. He placed a hand on her shoulder to get up and looked at her.

He motioned "I see you" to and Te'rani did the same before he turned.

Lo'ak looked around at the people till he saw Ao'nung.

Lo'ak looked like he was going to go straight to pounce on Ao'nung when Neytiri stepped in out of nowhere.

She grabbed his shoulders and looked around him for any injuries. When she found none, she hissed.

"I pray for the strength that I do not pluck the eyes out of my youngest son" She said and motioned her hand to scratch his face, to which he just leaned away lazily with a roll of his eyes.

"No, this is my son's fault" Tonowari spoke from behind her.

He held Ao'nung's neck and pushed him down on his knees.

"The blame is his" Tonowari finished.

Neytiri looked at the boy. She sighed and nodded, probably just wanting to get this over with. They were in a tough situation. They were guests here.

Neytiri looked at Lo'ak before beginning to get on the bouncy path to the mauries.

But Lo'ak began speaking.

"...No, it is my fault, this was my idea, Ao'nung tried to talk me out of it, but I didn't listen, really" He said.

Te'rani stood infront of him, below her sister with a totally confused face.