Part 9 ~ Shikigamis Alike Feed Their Awakening Masters Their Meals

~ Elsewhere, back on Gensokyo... ~

A fine day by the village of Mayohiga illuminates this season of the time.

A little bakeneko shikigami runs across the path towards a familiar home of her master.

A twin-tailed little cat, named Chen, rushing inside the said home. "Ran-sama, Ran-sama!"

Even now the little neko child with a green mob cap and a red-yellow dress stood in front of a taller woman, supposedly who she called Ran-sama, her master, constantly chiming aloud for the latter's attention

"Today I caught a very large fish with Cirno-chan!" Chen declared, holding a blue fish and a few small, plucked flowers in her hand, with a cheerful little look on her face. "Now I can make dinner and you don't have to worry, Ran-sama!"

"You..." said the taller woman, as she brought her leg forward.

. . .

Step.

The same tall woman had brought her leg forward for a step and walked lightly forward. Examining the captured fish in her little shikigami's palm.

The woman was indeed named Ran Yakumo, also known as Ran-sama by the other shorter girl.

Ran Yakumo, a fox shikigami herself of a higher master, lowered herself from her pose of tucking her hands together between her large, long sleeves closing in on each other, as she observed the items little Chen showed to her

"Avoid repeating my name so many times, Chen. I can hear you loud and clear." Ran instructed.

"Y- Yes, Ran-sama!..." Chen eagerly obeyed.

"But... thank you, Chen. That's very thoughtful of you," Ran had surprisingly just smiled at her shikigami before her, calm and composed as always.

Chen giggled at her master's response. "Yay~! Yummy fish for breakfast~♡!"