Part 12 ~ Awakening Of The Scarlet Devil, Both Sisterhood And Servanthood

~ The Scarlet Devil Mansion library. ~

Two figures faced opposite from each other. Within the deep, dark, and dusty halls of the library.

A servant who was once a betraying little devil had returned to her ill and reserved former master.

Patchouli Knowledge stared back at Koakuma, while sitting by a table calmly and poised.

Frowning with much skepticism, Patchouli eyed keenly through Koakuma's gaze

The little devil familiar standing had lowered her head like earlier, but not as much so, since sheepish eyes of shame and embarrassment drooped from her features, hidden between strands of flowing, long red hair.

"

"..."

"..."

"...Do you have anywhere else to go once you're simply unemployed?" Patchouli immediately asked.

Startled by the question, but still somehow expecting at least a little response, Koakuma shot her head up feebly in surprise.

Shortly after she averted her regretful gaze, filled with guilt and meekness. Shaking her head lightly.

"...n-no, Patchouli-sama..."

"..."

Koakuma could sense the intensity from Patchouli's looming and eerie stare.

She could tell the magician was thinking, but it still felt uncomfortable in her setting.

Additionally, Koakuma figured that a few more moments of silence will soon pass and nothing else will happen until her former master Patchouli grows tired and decides to call it a day.