Part 14 ~ Fairies And Friends Awaken To Their Wonderful Free Will

~ The Misty Lake. ~

Star Sapphire was flying across Gensokyo's skies.

It had become morning, and she wandered around freely with a chainsaw weapon in her hand.

A starry, cheerful smile spreads across her face.

She was also humming to herself, as she watched over the contents of Gensokyo on its land below.

Aside from her soft humming, however... she can hear another voice resounding with her tune.

Star abruptly stopped, sensing a small fairy figure nearby, thanks to her ability.

She preceded that this other voice came from that certain presence. "...a fairy?" she muttered quietly.

She decided she followed the radar-like trail from whence she can sense the little fairy sounded.

As she grew closer, she realized that what she can hear was crying. She grew a bit surprised and concerned at this.

Nearing closer and closer, Star recognized that the crying little fairy sat crouched by the Misty Lake.

Sniffles and hiccups could be heard slightly muffled

"...Cirno-?" Star uttered out, dumbfounded.

The little fairy jolted in surprise, feeling unexpected of a visitor to come by as she wept.

"G-GWAHH-! CRAP!"

Short blue hair and ragged ice wings, she instantly looked back up at Star, who just floated above her.

"E-Eh-?! S-Star...?" Cirno replied, just as confused, but her voice was still shaky and sore from crying.

Realizing her position, Cirno blushed embarrassedly for a bit, before awkwardly covering that up by standing up quickly and wiping her teary-eyed face with forearms hastily.

"H-Heheh! Y-You're one of t-those Three Fairies of Light *hic* a-aren't you?!... I-I totally wasn't crying! I-I was just... uhh... *hic* er, m-my eyes were melting b-because I fell into the lake j-just now!"

While Cirno was talking bravely, she was trembling whole with eyes watery of more incoming teardrops, and her plastered, proud smile was an unconvincing mess.