Dinner

Layla 

Right after Sebastian's phone call, my phone lost service The storm I traveled through, must have stopped cell service or something. I am lucky to have had the directions loaded onto my phone so I was able to make it safely to Sebatsain's home.

When I reached the end of the lane. I was stopped by a gate. I tried to pull close enough to the metal box on the left side of the gate. I rolled my window down and tried reaching for the "call" button. I overestimated my arm length so I couldn't reach the button. I took my seatbelt off and practically hung out my window. I ended up flailing around as I struggled. I prayed this box didn't have a security camera. The last thing I need is for Mrs. Williams to see me dangling out a window struggling and squirming around. I pushed the "call" button. I pulled myself back into the jeep and waited for a response.

"Hello?" A male voice called from the box.

"Hi, um... I'm Layla Whitmore. I am here for the Williams family." I could have kicked myself. Why did I have to sound so formal? Bash says I revert to manners and etiquette when I am nervous. You can't go wrong with politeness.

"Hi, Layla! Come on in sweetheart!" The voice said and a buzz followed. That gate slid open and revealed a beautiful home on a beautiful property. The driveway lane was gravel and patches of grass poked through some of the snow on the sides of the drive. Sporadic trees lined the drive as well, and they were wrapped with lights. Lights and snow clung to the branches of the trees and it was so beautiful. The house that was at the end of the lane looked absolutely picture-perfect. A large two-story house was in front of me.

White stone made up the bottom half of the first story. To accent, the stone, dark wood-lined where the stone ended. Windows were lined with dark wood as well and this house was the most beautiful house I had ever seen. This house reminded me of the houses they use on T.V. shows or in magazines. The snow dusted the roof and ice frosted the windows. Bash was the most perfect guy, I should have guessed he grew up in the most perfect home. I got closer to the house and drove to the three-stall garage that was attached to the side of the house.

As I came to a stop, Mr. Williams stepped out of the front door and walked to the edge of the porch. Mr. Williams is a handsome man I can tell that Sebastian gets his blonde hair from his dad because Mr. Williams's hair is darkening and becoming more brunette. Mr. Williams is in good shape because he often tends his garden. ALthough the Williams family can afford to hire extra help around the house, Mr. Williams insists on doing all the grounds work himself. Mr. Williams was wearing a long sleeve button-up shirt that had the cuffs rolled up to his elbows A dish towel was draped over his right shoulder and I could see some flour on his shirt. I realize I never rolled up the window when I left the gate, so I called out "Where should I park Mr. Willimas?" He smiled at me and answered "There is good Layla." then he continued to ask "Would you like help bringing your things in?"

"That would be great. Thank you, sir." I answered as I started rolling up my window. Once the window was closed, I turned off my engine. Using my key fob, I unlocked the back door. The window lifted up and the door swung out. All I had brought with me was a luggage bag, a carry-on bag my favorite blanket, and my pillow. When I saw Mr. Williams look at the things in my trunk, I became self-conscious. "Did I bring too much for a six-day stay? Was he insulted that I brought my own bedding?" Mr. Williams looked at my luggage and looked back at me. Out of pure panic, I said for absolutely no reason at all "I need certain things to help me sleep. I need a firm pillow and my blanket texture to help me sleep." Mr. Williams looked me up and down, I think he was sizing me up.Then Mr. Williams smiled.

I am sure I was blushing and I swallowed. Mr. Williams leaned into my trunk and grabbed both my luggage bag and my carry-on leaving me my blanket and pillow to carry. Mr. Williams waited for me to grab everything and he shut the door, then brought down the window. I struggled to grab my keys and clicked the lock. I followed Mr. Williams in silence as he lead me to the house. When we go through the entryway I asked if he wanted me to take off my shoes. "Whichever you prefer. I want you to feel comfortable Layla." Mr. Williams responded and he waited for me to make my decision.