Layla/ Sebastian: Gala Night pt.2

Layla

Mr. Williams looked back at me as he stood in the doorway and he said, "I hope to be home soon Layla love." I smiled in return. I waited in that spot standing still after the door had closed and the chime went through. Mr. Williams was gone. Tonight, could go one of two ways. One, Mr. Williams returns after his gala alone. Two, Mr. Williams and Sebastian come back together in which case I would be confined to Mr. Williams' bedroom all night. I debated which outcome I wanted, but I felt indifferent to both. Then I reflected on the day so far. Mr. Williams and I had spent much of the day on the couch together watching Downton Abbey. We were in the final season and only had two episodes left. Mr. Williams promised that we would watch the last couple of episodes when he returned tonight, or after Sebastian left tomorrow morning. I already knew how the show ended, but I still felt excited to watch the finale.

I showered and felt happy being alone. The warm water made me feel relaxed, at ease, and sleepy. I decided to take a nap, I knew I didn't need the extra sleep, but it helped pass the time. I hesitated while standing in front of my stairs. The bedroom at the top no longer felt like my own anymore. I went up and gathered my blanket and wrapped it around myself. I went through my bag once more. I found the small folded-up piece of paper that was the note from Sebastian. I read it, smiled, and folded it up again.

Tonight, I was going to find a way to get the slip back to him. It was going to be irrefutable proof I was here. I would like to see how Mr. Williams would explain it to Sebastian. I put the note in my back jeans pocket. Then I looked at the desk. Under the bottom drawer, there was a space between the drawer and the floor. Tucked in that hidden space I had stored away some liberating letters. While I was being punished and had so much free time on my hands, I wrote two letters. One was to my family, the other was to Sebastian. Both letters told them the whole story and had my profuse apologies for hurting them. I explained everything that I could remember. I felt as though, they needed to know. I could never face them and tell them what I went through, so I wrote it all down. At least this way, I didn't have to face them and see the heartbreak, and the disappointment on their faces.

I curled up on my bed and allowed myself to drift off into sleep. I had a dreamless nap. It was really nice. I woke up feeling ravenous. I walked downstairs and turned on the cabin lights. It was much darker and much later than I had originally thought. Lights were on and I went into the kitchen and saw what we had in the cupboards. Mr. Williams will have to go shopping again soon. I saw mostly ingredients and was excited to see pasta sauce and noodles next to each other on the shelf. It wouldn't compare to Mr. Williams' pasta, but it was good enough for tonight. I set the ingredients up next to the stove, but while I was filling up the pot of water, I realized how much I needed to pee. I walked to the bathroom after starting the burner for the water. I took my time in the bathroom. I was trying to think of different scenarios in which to get Bash's note back to him.

I returned kitchen and was pleasantly surprised to find the water was at a boil. I grabbed the pasta box and immediately dropped it as the noodles shifted in the box. I picked the box up off the floor and started pouring it into the boiling pot when I felt eyes on me. I looked out through the window and then focused on the noodles again. Then it was almost as though I had processed that mindless gaze. Sebastian, his eyes. Not Mr. Willaims'. I looked back out the window and saw those eyes again. It was Sebastian. Was I dreaming? Was I imagining this? No. Sebastian looked at me blankly from the other side of the window. It wasn't my imagination. The box of noodles dropped from my hand once more. I didn't even process them falling on the stovetop. I ran over to the long windows and tried to grab Sebastian's attention. I had no time to process this or to think of a clever way through this.

"Sebastian! You have to go! You can't be here! He's going to see you and he will kill you!" I shouted and I began hitting the windows. Sebastian was just staring at me blankly. "Sebastian! You must leave! Go! Get out of here!" I continued. "Sebastian, leave! He will kill you!" Sebastian stood across from me and he touched the glass between us.