Mr.Williams/Sebastian/ Layla: Christmas Eve

I woke up and began making myself coffee for breakfast. It wasn't long before Layla made her way down from her room. Layla was in a white cotton shirt and dark grey sweatpants. Layla looked so effortlessly beautiful. I couldn't help but stare. "Can I make you a cup Layla, love?" I asked while sipping. "Do you have creamer and sugar?" Layla asked while looking over the kitchen. "We have sugar and milk, is that okay?" I asked, I felt smaller in her presence almost self-conscious. I always want to provide whatever Layla needed. "I guess that will work," Layla replied. I got a mug out of the cabinet and poured some coffee for her. I got the other ingredients out for her and waited. "I've definitely had worse" was Layla's only review. Layla turned around and sat in the Livingroom. "What are your plans for the day Mr. Williams?" Layla asked before she took another sip of her coffee.

"I don't have much in mind besides grocery shopping." I lied.

"Oh yeah, what time do you think you'll go out?" Layla asked.

"Probably in the early afternoon," I responded casually. Celebrations are planned for 1-4. Hopefully, I can dip out before and return here sooner. I don't want to leave Layla for too long. I can't lose this.

"What do you think you'll do while I am gone?" I asked. I needed to know how distracted Layla would be during all of this. Would she understand that I was going to be gone for a couple of hours?

"I think I'll just play Skyrim. Could I watch Netflix or something when you get back?" Layla's tone turned innocent, and I could tell she was nervous about asking this.

"Of course," I answered as I walked over to join her. "Would you like to start now?"

"If you don't mind." Layla's eyes filled with excitement. I handed her the remote. I walked over to the safe, punched in the code, and turned off the Wi-Fi jammer. The TV loaded up a little after that. I watched Layla become so excited over this. Then, I had an idea...

Layla pulled up The Great British Baking Show and just began watching it. The sweet music and kind people put both Layla and me at ease. We sat together for several hours and through many "soggy bottoms" I almost forgot I had to leave. I excused myself ad got ready. I was mulling over my latest idea and finally decided that I would go through with it.

"Hey, Layla love?" I called out as I was buttoning up my shirt. "Yes, Mr. Williams?" Layla responded. I stepped out of the bathroom and watched across the cabin. Layla was mesmerized by the TV, and I couldn't blame her. These cooking competitions are intense. "If I left you here with the TV and Wifi..." I trailed off. The pit in my stomach told me this was going to be a bad idea. "Could I trust you to watch this, and nothing else?" Layla looked like a dear in headlights. When she didn't verbally respond I continued, "It could be my Christmas gift to you...." I felt very uneasy about this.

Layla's smile relieved all my worries. "Yes! Thank you so much Mr. Williams!" Layla squealed. Layla ran across the cabin and wrapped her arms around me. I felt absolute peace. Layla smells so good, her hair was so soft and the strength behind her squeeze was just perfect. I couldn't remember Layla ever hugging me like this. I couldn't back out now. "I am trusting you, Layla," I said and Layla released me and took a step back. "I know. Thank you, Mr. Williams." Layla repeated. I will be gone for a while so don't worry if I am taking too long. If you need me, you can reach me. I said while obviously looking over to her box that is now resting on the bookshelf. "A few hours?" Layla asked nervously. "Yes, love. It's Christmas eve and everyone is franticly last-minute shopping."

"You could stay out a bit longer and see family before you came back..." Layla suggested and then trailed off. Her gaze left me and she surveyed the cabin.

"Are you sure Layla?" I could see some sense of defeat in her eyes as I asked.

"Yes, holidays should be spent with family." Sadness began to take over, but Layla pushed through.