ACT ONE SCENE EIGHT & NINE

[Somewhere in the town, Goodness Isabu, a 14 year old female, the youngest sister to Ebanehita was having a bad dream in the daytime. She kept murmuring “Sister be careful!” continuously. She suddenly woke up and  breathed heavily as she realised it was a dream].

GOODNESS: Thank God it was just a dream. Sister has to be careful o. [She realised she need to tell her mother. She called out to her mother as she got up from the bed and went outside.] Mama! Mama!

[It was mid day that day and completed Goodness’ usual afternoon nap. She came out of the house to meet her mother just chilling outside.]

GOODNESS: Good afternoon mama.

MRS. ISABU: My dear, good afternoon. How are you?

GOODNESS: Mama, I had a dream and it was about sister Ebi.

MRS. ISABU: Seriously? Tell me, what did you dream about?

GOODNESS: In the dream I saw one uncle chasing sister. She ran and stopped by one aunty. The aunty told her to hide. When the uncle came to where the aunty was, the aunty pretended that she was misleading the uncle with her hand while she was telling the him where sister was hiding. The uncle ran in the direction of the aunty’s hand and when he was gone, sister got out of hiding only to find the uncle behind her. The uncle raised his hand that had a knife and planned to stab sister with it. That was when I woke up.

MRS. ISABU: Well. Nothing bad will happen to my daughter, Ebanehita.

GOODNESS: Amen

MRS. ISABU: She will continue to prosper and excel.

GOODNESS : Amen

MRS. ISABU: All her enemies will not see her when they plan to do her evil.

GOODNESS: Amen mama! Amen.

MRS. ISABU: I will call her and inform her about this revelation.

GOODNESS: Ok mama. Please tell her and greet her for me o. Ehen! That gown she promised me last week she has not done anything about it. Please remind her.

[She picked up her mobile phone and drilled her daughter’s number]