ACT TWO SCENE ONE

[Johnson returned home to meet Ebanehita with the good news he retrieved from his hustle effort. But Ebanehita was rather quiet and non responsive.]

JOHNSON: Babe! Babe! [He called out to her from the outside as he entered. He was rather too excited for someone who was going to loose 5 million naira. But he was rather excited that his hustle had paid and the consequences of the video been leaked or published would be averted once they do the bidding of Lala].

EBANEHITA:  Welcome back. [She was rather less enthusiastic with the welcome courtesy.]

JOHNSON: What is wrong? What happened?

EBANEHITA:  I received a call from my mother telling me that my younger sister had a dream about me. She related that I was in danger.

JOHNSON: And?

EBANEHITA: For real? Am I...are we not in danger already? If these guys release the video we will be done for.

JOHNSON: Ok. What were the details of the dream?

EBANEHITA: I have forgotten. All I could grab is the fact that I am in danger. We are in danger and we need to act fast.

JOHNSON: Fine. That’s why I wanted to tell you that we have raised 3 million naira so far.

EBANEHITA:  How? So soon?

JOHNSON: Well, I sold some of my father’s lands that was willed to me and raised 2 million and, Mark, my friend from London has agreed to loan me 1 million naira. My bestie will loan me 1M. What will be left if Ose loans me the 1M  will be 1M.

EBANEHITA:  [Reacted with perplexed eye gestures as she was surprised at the rate he was able to gather so much in such less time]. How come? How were you able to get all these funds in such short time?

JOHNSON: It is the price we have to pay to prevent that video from coming out  Our whole lives will be ruined. At least these criminals are reasonable. [He drew closer to his fiancé]

EBANEHITA:  Reasonable criminals you say?! In this country, there are no honest thieves. How are you sure they won’t come asking for more if we succeed? [She was now in the convincing arms of Johnson].

JOHNSON: We can’t be so sure of anything, babe, that is why I have played my own special cards. But let us pray that this is the first and last of it. Please. Let’s do this and end it. [He convinced her carefully].

EBANEHITA:  What special cards, babe?

JOHNSON: Don’t worry about it. Everyday for the thief, one day for the owner. I’ve got trackers looking into this matter discretely.

EBANEHITA:  Those same trackers? Are you sure this would work?

JOHNSON: Guaranteed. We just need to buy time while we repay those thieves with their own crime. They won’t see us coming.

[She felt a little bit relieved]

EBANEHITA:  The consequence will befall me the most, let me send you the 1M in my account so that the Equation becomes balanced at least.  

JOHNSON: [Really excited on hearing this]. Ok. That is very good too. I will refund everything back once this issue is settled. [He assured her and when she was not looking he dashed a suspicious stare with faint muscle expressions at the presence.]