ACT FIVE SCENE TEN

[When she came to on the chair, she was asked to make certain phone calls about her current and proposed relocation and coordination on the map.]

OSOSE:  Please what do you want? Is it money? I will give enough of it.

PLASTIC:  Fi-may-li! Reckless simbi with the network news vibes!

OSOSE:  I don’t understand what you’re saying. Please just let me go.

LALA:  [he interrupted her pleading] Praise the Lord!

ALL: lah  lah  doh  reh  mih!

[She was quiet instantly at this and observed them each with the signature scared, confused and anxious face.]

LALA:  We will set you free and let you go back to working for your boss. But first you will do the following; call Debbie and some of your family members. Tell them that you would be travelling out of the country for some time. 

OSOSE : Why the hell am I suppose to do that? Name your price. I will pay you money.

LALA:  Quiet! [He silenced her with this command to her face] I tell you say I come here come buy something?! You released a vital video that was meant for only Johnny and his Simbi. Na me send am that video when you send go A.M express.

OSOSE:  It’s impossible. [Realising that a few people know about the truth behind the viral video, she probed their intellect]. You could not have possibly tracked me down. Even the police could not track the location of the message because of the firewalls I put up before sharing the video.

PLASTIC:  Oh! simbi@yahoo.com na you abi?

LALA:  You be IT expert. I see. But you made a few moves that could not be concealed behind firewalls.

OSOSE:  [she freaked out a little bit with this new intel. Her words became shaky and her voice revealed as much] It is not possible, I ran the data. There was only an insignificant 0.01% chance of cracking through my firewalls successfully. I covered all my steps and tracks. My moves were absolutely concealed.

LALA:  [Brought out a phone and read aloud] Please resend last messages,  my WhatsApp just developed an issue. Thank you. That message came from someone who received my message on that day.  

OSOSE:  So how does that affect me?

PLASTIC:  After you read the message you con delete the message, send that message to us to resend the message base am on say Johnny never see the thing. Na there you fuck up.

LALA  You protected your I.P from been located during the transfer, but you did not mask his I.P.

PLASTIC:  Me sef na hacker. Unto economy, I change profession. I hack the app, see say the guy read the message, delete am con send resend message. [he suddenly became vexed by the stuff he was dishing out.] Abeg detective work dey scratch me for head. [Turned out that he did not like using his genius brain to solve problems].

LALA:  My ground spies tell me say na you be the closest friend to the guy and you dey whine me? You were in the house and with him on the day I sent him that message. As him com block me for church dey run mouth say we dagbo the deal, then I begin dey add 1 + 1, naim 2 o clock reach. Quickly begin dey make the calls before I put bullet for your head.

[She was shocked as she flashed back briefly to what had happened that day.]

[She had deleted the recent messages and typed the following “Please resend last messages, my WhatsApp just developed an issue. Thank you.” and hit the send button.]

[She deleted this same message for his phone immediately the message was sent and deleted the deleted message notification as well.]

[She quickly picked up her phone knowing well that she had been duly exposed by the criminals behind the video. She had no choice. Her life or their instruction.]

OSOSE:  Hello Debbie, yeah, I am fine. Uhm. I'd be travelling out of the country soon. Yes. To Canada. Dear, the country is tiring. I need fresh air. Don't worry, I'll try and keep in touch. Come back ke? I may not come back o. Better days ahead. OK. Later. Got to start moving. Yeah, I just informed my parents too. You're actually the last person I am telling. Alright. Take care babe. Bye. [She clearly discussed with her friend over the phone like there was nothing wrong.]