Journey

Chapter 2

It was three a.m the wind was brutal the temperature 16 degrees. A team of six horses were hitched up wearing blankets with rifle men hanging off the back on on the front seat and two inside the carriage with Harlan.

They traveled from lower Manhattan to the Bronx with no trouble. The red zones were completely clear there were no stray zoo animals no cats or dogs. Harlan rubbed her Zombie Pomeranian rubbing gently letting her lick blood ice.

He cleaned the streets well I will give him that. It os spit shine clean Harlan. I see Declan she held his hand no baby I have to hold the rifle out the window.

He moved closer to her I love you baby you know this yes? Declan never looked at her as her lead army commander yes I know.
They finally made it to the George Washington Bridge there were cars carriages and Zombies on foot trying to get into the Silver City called Fort Lee New Jersey.

All these Zombies for the silver city? A lot of Zomm want to live here its the Mecca of Zombies no one is doing bad here even the zombies that live on the streets on cars are doing well. The medical care is second to none because of Psalm she is some kind of botanist I hear.

STATE YA BUSINESS! The coach man handed the guard the notice straight ahead to your left pull into the stables to water the horses if they drink. They pulled in the stable number seven, they pulled into stall seven. Harlan was escorted down everyone was taken to the elevators when Harlan and her crew tried to get on the guards held them back wait.

They boarded the elevator to the left Harlan noticed they went straight to the top. They were taken to the meeting room and seated an assortment of food and drinks were on the table Harlan didn't eat so no one ate.

She did not drink so no one drank. Leviticus and Psalm entered the guards dropped to one knee. No one in Harlan's crewe knelt. Kneel! They did not
Leviticus waved his hand please have a seat. He and Psalm sat first then they sat how can we help you Harlan?

Queen Harlan her man yelled. There is one Queen her name is Queen Psalm Declan.  Harlan was shocked how did he know thier names? Why are you here? We are from five points New York we have been in the points since the fall of man. I have cleared the points of infectious Zombies--

Zomm we are the Zomm race and have been for fifteen years now we shall not be called what the humans names us but what we renamed ourselves. We are a strong golden race we are Zomm Harlan. We cleared five points of Zomm and pacified condominium buildings and hotels for my people to reside.

Your people? Who are your people Harlan? Children and teenagers from around the nation who have been hunted sought after to be food or worse. I cleared space created housing for what I call forever teenagers.

No one wanted us to weak to fight our minds to underdeveloped to understand or be considered for testing thrown away by humans hated by Zombies we are survivors Leviticus and we are all we have.

Psalm smiled at her strength how old are you Harlan? 19 forever. Why have you come? To ask you to leave five points and everything within it to me as a safe haven for Zomm teens and children who have survived the apocalypse. I beg you let us live as we have in peace with no problem. We want to stay in our homes keep what we've built.

Five points? China town canal street west of Soho and lower Manhattan to the south street seaport past Beekman street and the south street seaport.

That is prime territory I have many governors begging me for that territory it is on the Hudson river perfect for ice bathing perfect for skin rejuvination. I can see you already know this amd have taken great advantage of the harsh New York winters. 10 degrees lower on the water even in summer and you want me to hand these territories over to you? That is three governor positions and you want them all free of charge? With no training?

Yes. You waltz in here with no respect you refuse to kneel or use my title of king once. You use my first name as if we are old friends and not once have you properly greeted my Queen. Your disrespect is disgusting and I loathe your sense of entitlement.

The United States and Russia and all that is within them belong to me. There are Zomm who have put in work within my armies and have been promised parts of New York as a reward for hard work once we cleared it of being a red zone.

I have assured them Title and position Harlan. To land that they did not clear? Land that we call home? Leviticus sipped seaweed ice salted water staring with no words.

How many are you all? Eighty thousand  Queen Psalm. 80,000 children? Yes more coming every day will you see us all homeless? Where shall the great king Leviticus place 80,000 homeless teen and child Zombies without crushing his economy?

Leviticus smiled Arizona. Palm tapped him stop it Levi you are scaring them. Not scaring irritating. Watch your tongue child a guard yelled out. Declan stood behind her.

Go back to New York Harlan. Will you let us keep five points? I will be in touch. Psalm handed her elixirs tonics and her infamous skin balm. The brown bottles are medicines marked for what they heal. The syringes are vaccines to kill bacteria rotting the flesh to fast that should be given to those who have flesh falling from bone yes?

Yes ma'am. Good your skin looks excellent the ice waters of the Hudson have been good to you child. Thank you ma'am. I will work on my husband but you must think of a good reason why he should appoint you a child over three governor stations promised to his commanding Zomm.

When you have this answer seek my counsel before his. Thank you Queen Psalm tears flooded her eyes Psalm dabbed her tears.

Come now we are Queens there is no time for tears my love you have a people to protect. There is time before the gentrification time to persuade my husband but it must be for good reason.

Do you have phones? Local only. Here is my pager number. If you page me using this New York Local number I will call you back you have my word.

Come Psalm I have more Zomm to see. He took her hand leaving the room the maids bagged all the food and drink when they got to the carriage it was full of food, children and teen clothing and shoes and more medical supplies with a medical book for Zomm written by Psalm.

No weapons? She pulled back her blanket and there they were three assault rifles.

Declan grinned come my Queen we have much to discuss to our council.

Harlan sat back enjoying the view thinking of a way to keep five points.