Tag Team

Chapter 20

The tug boat was set to go out for a supply run. Declan was going over the map on the wall of the helm making sure he did not go in directions they covered or areas Leviticus already cleared and claimed knowing they'd already cleared whatever was salvageable taking it back to Silver City. Staten Island he mumbled thinking if something happened to five points there were houses on the water off Richmond road on Staten island they could live in as a community since no one lived on the Island because it was used as a Zombie dump at the height of the infection. Most of them were frozen this time of year moving much slower and easier to kill if needed.

Shock ran to the boat signing for Declan to hurry that Scott took a turn for the worse.  Declan ran in the medical infirmary Scott e as convulsing one eye red with a diamond Iris the other still human. Scott convulsed throwing up food a sign he was turning zombie. Was he bitten?! No one was near him! Ruth yelled nervous. Scott ran to his lab grabbing his father's vaccine he re-created since forming his lab.

He knew what was in it how to mix it so he started there. Get me a blood draw. Ruth drew his blood while Shock held him down. Declan pushed he needle in his heart remembering the day his dad gave it to Ruth.

Scott slowed convulsing his heart slowed to normal beats and he fell asleep. Keep him sedated draw blood every hour on the hour until morning when I return. Here is booster if he starts again straight to the heart.

What does it do a medic asked. Stops the process and stops the damage from continuing. You mean the zombie gene stops causing deterioration? Yes. Why didn't you make it before man that's great! I needed my fathers books and the compounds I didn't get them until I went to Cysco Labs last month.

Can we all get the shot Deck? Yeah man building a supply now medical staff and essential staff then the swift deteriorating then kids and whoever after. Working on it. If you need my help man I'm here. I will take you up on that in the meantime keep Scott alive man. I can do that, sleeping here today.

Ruth stabilized Scott hooking him to a pulse monitor, EKG and fluids. She gave a sedative and stayed awake making sure he made it through the night.  Declan Shock, Regent and Time got on his tug boat for a run. They arrived on Staten Island 30 minutes later the ice in the Hudson was light.

Shock tried to stick with Declan go Declan pushed Shock to leave him. If shit looks good what do you say we spend a night? Everyone agreed.

Declan was heavily armed more so then usual he owned a few bullet proof vests no one knew about except Ruth he put it on as usual his helmet when savaging arm and ankle guards he created from Teflon and bullet proof vests that were shot up but had parts he could strip and use. Block by block Declan called out wearing a leather biker jacket in thirteen degree weather. This part of staten Island they cleared but you never know who crept in a dead man walking.

Deck always started with small houses poor people tended to horde shit they didn't need in an apocalypse situation he thanked God for the hoarders and hit jackpots many day when he found one. Usually that was on every run. It was 1 o clock cold but the sun was high in the sky. He stared up at the sun enjoying temporary warmth entering a small house at the opposite end of tbe street from Regent.

Declan smiled if he and Ruth were to be free and not allowed in Silver city he would start here in this house it screamed her name. Decline grinned grabbing the record player and speakers praying it worked. He shifted through vinyls yes! When he came across Nina Simone his father played her music and it been years since he heard her melodic...

CRASH! Declan dropped the perfect vinyl are his feet pulling his nine glock. You sure you wanna do this?

Regent and Time pointed guns at him ready to end his life.