Awake

Chapter 7

Declan woke pulling his father's hand written journals and demonstrations from under his bed there were 50 medical journals he had them all. He managed to save all the videos of lab work his father spanning two decades. There were videos of him as a baby in the lab while his father worked. Before the fall of man and before his fathers demise he transfered all his videos into two cell phones which he left foe Declan along with his documented works.

He was waiting for Scotts fever to break he started a brand new book for Scott using blank sheets he created from his fathers books he documented his medical footsteps just as his father taught him. He was slow careful not to miss anything he even charted what Ruth shared about his blood. He gave Ruth his fathers pages to document exactly how his father had. Ruth laughed recalling how they took her in after she had been bitten and her medical journey was in those books. Declan kept records on her till this day on both of them.

Out os all Zombies they still had heart beats and thier vital organs were 100% in tact. Harlan wanted Five points Declan wanted a place on Leviticus' medical staff it was the least he could do to keep his fathers memory alive.

If he could find out what was in the silverback and somehow see if he could connect it to his fathers life long work and create a serum....a cure...hell something better then they had in silver city he could not be denied access.

Declan stood walking to an abandoned office with 360 degree glass windows. This is for you pop. He swept mopped and cleared the room with the help of his team. What are we doing man? Securing our futures just do as I say.

By the middle of the day the room was painted white even the floors. The desks were replaced with wood islands Declan built and painted white. He had his own microscopes and other lab items he saved from his fathers lab that the medical team had no use for because they were not research scientists. He had plexi glass cages built for what no one knew.

Declan stood back smiling not bad for a days work. It was an exact replica of his fathers lab. Regent put a small desk in the corner he painted white with a photo of he and his dad when he was a kid. When we went to your house I saw it and thought id keep it for a day you needed encouragement  this is that day.

Declan hugged Regent thank you brother. Anything you need I got you. We need to go back out assemble the team we may be out at night so tell them to prepare. There is a snow storm brewing Declan. He looked outside we will be fine against the elements bring shit to bunk down we need to find it he mouthed to Regent knowing he could read lips. Okay.

He left quietly telling the crew they were tipping out when the other scouts were returning. The team packed sleeping bags and old thin mattresses to roll out as well as tents.

Declan was looking through bis scopes when a knock startled him. Hey baby. Harlan walked to him kissing him you been away from me for 48 hours. Working baby if we are keeping five points i gotta work.

Harlan walked through the lab we have a lab she smiled are you a scientist baby? My dad was. What are you working on? A cure baby have you seen Scott? His heart started last night the shit is working. There was a light in his eyes Harlan had never seen.

You are so excited Declan. Thank you babe reminds me of my fathers work.  What work is that? Stymcetic cell reproduction and permanent  DNA alteration. I need a video camera bae. Ill be right back Harlan ran off returning with a old camera a VCR a box of blank tapes and a tripod set it up over there. Yes my Queen.

WOW! Baby thank you. Sony! Yes sir this was $1000 worth of equipment at one point in time. Does it work? Should it was in storage and it never got wet you know that side of the ice plant has those warm heating pipes the items in the room arent damaged from cold storage so it may work Deck.

Thank you baby. He kissed Harlan when Ruby entered. Sorry to interrupt but Scotts fever broke and he is awake...

Eating food.