Reflection

Chapter 3

Three days after the visit to Zomm Silver City.

Everyone is happy with the clothes food and the medical team is super happy giving out vaccines since we returned. Did you get one yet Deck? No baby not yet. Go get it they were instructed all staff get vaccinated first. I know ill wait with you make sure we cover everyone first. Yesterday Leviticus sent enough for 100, 000 teens.

That's cause he don't want us to go rabid in silver city. Declan pulled Harlan close baby that ain't it i get the feeling they are good people trying to start the world over from trash that's bow easy. What did we do bae?

Twidddle our thumbs? Im not saying that baby. Then what are you saying Declan? Im saying the man made promises I understand that if we are keeping five points we gotta give him something good foe him to cheat three governors out of appointment.

Harlan sat up inhaling nervously don't worry baby something will come. The threats are gone Deck Leviticus cleared the woods and red zones. Baby lets sleep when we get up we will think tomorrow.

Two weeks Later

HELP HELP! A female Zombie ran in the warehouse I need a Medic! She fell down screaming. The medics carried her to isolation the pre med students LPNs and ambulance workers looked at the gaping gash on her leg. This is not a Zomm bite.  Animal? Possible.

Wasn't no animal it was a fucking monster. Okay the medical staff chuckled giving a larger then life sedative double of what a human would get because Zombie DNA resisted anything making the mind to sleep.

The medical team checked the wounds taking pictures thinking nothing of them. A nurse took the polaroids placing them in her pocket. Later she went to see Declan in the the weight room. He stepped outside to speak privately with her.

She stared in his face they made eye contact for three minutes before saying a word. Don't do this again Ruth please. Declan your skin is holding real good better then when we were together. It is not my fault Harlan chose me as her mate Ruth you know how shot was when we first arrived. Everything was what Declan said or die.

Ruth lowered her voice looking around Declan we can leave to silver city baby start over do you still love me? Yes he whispered always. Do you love Harlan like you love me? I care for her I am in love with you we survived the fall of man together there is something special about that Ruth. She went to touch him he moved back the walls have eyes birdie.

Declan please please. If I see an opening baby in the mean time be vigilant keep your eyes open Declan rubbed his index finger on Ruth's pinky Heidi slipped out the shadows back to Harlan.

Ruth was on medical duty it was her turn to sit with the wounded. Declan bought her a few books he found on the road in rubble Leviticus had yet to clear. Harlan hated when he did that but she knee better then to say anything because everything in her bedroom as beautiful as it was down to the glitter painted walls Declan found in rubble piles.

Because of him they built a small Library over the years with a checkout system and all.  School books were taken to the teachers for zombies who were still children in the mind. Ruth checked the two patients the bitten one and a child with a slow healing brittle bone broken leg.

By four a.m Ruth checked the bite patient huhhh! She inhaled dropping her glass thermometer. The bite victim sat up what's wrong Ruth.

She held up the silver tray holding his medicine he inhaled shocked at the 21 year old 100% healed human reflection of a young man staring back at him.