Dangerous Discovery

Chapter 19

Shock put his finger over his mouth for a struggling Ruth to be quiet. Regents people came back did you hear anything? Over all that music in the bar how? They carried Regent to his private room. Single Zombies never got private quarters but Declan's team did because they were the scout team that took the most risks and came back with the most items needed to function or for trade. There were four floors with 25 private offices in each floor. The room's had the names of dead executives those names stayed. Regent lived in the Garrison room where Shock lived in Parrish. Five rooms acted as posh hotel's nights were rewarded for those who were not founding fathers, medical staff, kitchen staff, married with children or maintenance staff.

Shock waited till they were gone we have to warn Declan Ruth whispered. We can't shock signed not here I will tell him when we go for a run tomorrow. Why then? That is when Regent is going to try and kill him. Did Harlan set this up?

No but she been messing with Regent he signed. You mean fucking Shock? No she cant take two men to fragile it will rip her literally oral sex. Ruth shook her head pacing in the dark tomorrow? Yes a blizzard is coming we will have to sleep outside or find cover till it blows over. So what shock.

Shock banged his hand Regent is not coming back. Shock shook his head no. Well I will make sure of it. They went to the clinic Ruth handed shock crystals give this to Declan he knows what to do. Shock shook his head yes kissing Truths cheek. Thank you shock but we ain't out the woods yet.

The next morning Declan had his tug boat in icy waters. Where? Shock signed. Staten Island it is uncharted plenty of houses beach front we won't have to scavenge far. Who else is on? No one yet. Shock pulled Declan into a closet he explained everything then gave him the bag of crystals.

You sure? Ask Ruth! If you have these I do not need to ask her. This means I can't trust Harlan. She didn't know he signed. You believe that shock? He shook his head no. Soon as we find this cure we gonna hop this boat to silver city and never look back. After today start putting our shit in the cargo hold little by little food and blood too incase we get iced on the water and we are stuck until the ice gives.

Shock smiled dancing stop Declan grinned we ain't there yet and I doubt Sheriff lets me take Suzy permanent. You gotta leave her behind. I can't for one Im attached to her and two she is pertinent to our research. Shock grinned what? Our? Yes as in you Ruth and myself she has been reading the books behind me secretly highlighting work that may integrate with my fathers work with no trouble.

She loves you. I know Shock I love her when we came here it was the street or stay safe here and let her go. To keep her safe I let go if we make it to Silver city we can be together.

What about Heidi? She asked to come she sick of Harlan. Shock shook his head yes. Oh yall talkin? A little he signed. Okay do not tell her about the research or the plan of silver city she will just have to come last minute. Shock shook his head in agreement.

Okay lets start the day. The Zombie duo went back to the warehouse acting as if nothing was wrong knowing it was dead wrong and shit was dangerously going south.