First Love

Chapter 22

Sheriff stood on top of a skyscraper staring down with binoculars hearing everything grinning at the hostile take over. 

Declan had Harlan moved to a private room in general population and moved Ruth in. The whole compound was like oh shit. Girls who were petty clowned her and openly talked about all the shot she didn't do foe them and of it wasn't for Declan they all would have been dead.

They clowned her for choosing Regent over Declan how Regent was a scrub with ambitions be would never be able to fill. The dragging went on and on. Harlan knew to keep her mouth shut because she couldn't afford a fight with them or she would be town to pieces literally.

Harlan sat looking at her meager accomodations she inhaled her reality exhaling her truth. A tap hit her door yes? The door cracked to the private former office. What you want Jax? You will always be a queen to me. He sat on a chair you cant stay jax. I have to stay Harlan.

Why? Because you ignored the bullying that goes on in here. Declan controlled it cut 80 perce t of it off but you are in danger of the hyenas. The who? Those bitches that are plotting to break in here and steal ya shit.

There ain't nothing to steal Declan kept all the good shit and packed my cheap basic clothes. Look he put them in garbage bags no jewelry no expensive shoes and he cut off my ice block spa sessions. If I want a dip i have to soak public like everyone and if want ice in the summer I barter like everyone.  I lost Suzy.

Harlan sat with her hands in her head crying Jax was the fourth person who started five points but he was one of Declan's henchmen. It was hard but his loyalties were with Deck because he did way more for the zomm where Harlan was a hierarchy figure head.  Why have Royals kings and Queens if they don't work for you and care for the people?

A lot of shit was going on from theft to gangs clicking up  to rape and theft. Declan stopped a lot of that and punished those severely who got caught depending on the crime that included death. Declan started donations angering the loan sharks and high price barters not to mention free medical care. No barter no money needed stopping badly infected Zombies red zoners beyond repair from hiding and reinfecting cleaner Zombies that had a longer life span.

Oh Jax Harlan cried on his shoulder what happened did you send Regent and Time after Declan? Not really. Then what?
Regent wanted to be my man I knew there was something going on with Deck an Ruth look as soon as I'm gone he moved her In.

Declan wasn't cheating on you Harlan I'm a henchman we know who's fuckin who is he in love with her? Yes that's why none of us ask her out cause we know Deck loved her. Then why was he with me? He respected you Harlan ain't nothing wrong with a man growing to love you.

I don't want a man growing to love me Jax I want a man to love me like that. One does but you cant are him through the evil and jealousy you have toward Declan.

Who? You staring at him baby. I love you since you nursed me back to health when I got here. I said let me die and do you remember what you said to me Harlan? What? I need you to live baby. She smiled. I lived and I am here will you let me date you? Get to know you? Let me love you?

Harlan smiled okay. Good baby Im going to get my twin bed move it by the door if that's okay. Yes Jax. Good be right back. Jax crossed the main foyer Declan was at the end of the hall well?

I got her Deck. What you always wanted. Jax grinned be good to her Jax make sure others are good to her. You got Deck. Meeting tomorrow in my lab 10 am. Ill be there thank you Deck. Bring the team we got shit to do.

Jax nodded walking off happy he finally got the girl.