008. Murder, She Wrote

Naenya had been surprised to find out she immensely enjoyed the company of Tyland Lannister. While many would toss him aside, claiming his personality to be drab and lacking a sense of humour or any emotion apart from honour and duty, Naenya had learnt better. Tyland did indeed have a sense of humour. Whether the man knew of this himself, she was unsure. He often spoke quite dryly, leaving little room for comfort and niceties, and he would commonly respond to outlandish requests or questions with equally outlandish answers, all in the same tone he usually used. It was rather refreshing and left her smirking into her drink as he spoke, though Naenya didn't comment on the fact to Tyland's face. She feared that once he knew that he was being funny, he would immediately stop. 

"It is not my wish to question his way of finding the truth", Tyland continued, glancing down the halls to make sure the guard in question wasn't around, "But I could sooner find the answers by putting an illiterate child in charge."

Naenya allowed herself a soft smile, easily washed off her face should she need to, as she nodded along. 

"I'm sure he's not entirely useless," Naenya told him, her hands clasped together behind her back, "He does make me thankful for my own guard's competencies,"

"I am glad he provides you with something, princess," Tyland said, not even noticing how sly he sounded, "For my mother's maid is entirely more useful than he is now, and she's dead,"

Tyland opened the door to Lady Ceira Lannisters room, ushering for her to enter before himself. She thanked him with a slight curtsy as she walked in. 

"Oh, and princess," Tyland stopped her, smiling halfway, "An heir such as yourself will eventually require a husband. When that time comes, consider my name. I would be honoured to aid you in your time as Queen,"

Tyland had been incredibly useful to her during her time at Casterly Rock, both in her efforts to find whoever had killed and planted the maid in her chambers and in her efforts to survive the lion's den. A prideful and showy lion's den at that. 

She knew Tyland would make a good husband. It wouldn't be a marriage of love, but it would be one of mutual agreement. A promise to be loyal and stand by her decisions and help make her stronger was a better marriage proposal than most. 

"I will consider it. Thank you, Tyland," Naenya nodded to him.

She truly meant it. 

Tyland gave her one final nod before departing. 

"Well, that was quaint," Lady Ciera said sarcastically. 

The Lady of Casterly Rock was already pacing in her rooms, something she had picked up on day two of the investigations. It was now day four. Any longer, and Naenya feared the woman's legs would give out on her. 

"I would have assumed you would enjoy the shift up in society," Naenya said dryly, knowing Lady Ciera had no maids in her room since the incident. 

Lady Ciera finally stopped her incessant pacing, giving Naenya an almost sly nod, "Normally, that would be correct. Now, what do you want,"