011. The Unexpected Expected Visitor

"Do they just give you free rein?" 

Naenya closed the book that was resting on her legs, not sparing a glance at Elden as he entered the library. Elden Baratheon was cloaked in the same charisma that seemed to attach itself to the boy upon birth and had yet to let go. Given the opportunity, Naenya would perform an exorcism. 

"They tried to lock me up once before," Elden grinned at her, walking towards a nearby table, "I bit the Maester,"

Elden held stray pieces of paper in one hand and a leather-bound book in the other, placing both down on the table as Naenya gave a sarcastic laugh.

To her surprise, Elden didn't try to move towards her or gain her attention. Instead, he simply sat down at the table and began sliding his quill over the paper found within the book. To an even greater surprise, Naenya found Elden's acting even more vexing than when he constantly spoke to her and gave sly comments with a charismatic grin. 

Naenya let out a heavy sigh, not wishing for Elden to win in every regard possible and instead tried to focus on her book. It was a book detailing the First Men and how they came to Westeros, though she struggled to remember specific parts with Elden's presence in the corner. 

After reading the same page about five times, she finally slammed her book shut with a huff. 

"What are you playing at?" Naenya hissed, glaring at Elden. 

Elden turned his head towards her, throwing his hands up in mock surrender. 

"This is my house, you know? I am allowed to use the rooms I've used since birth," Elden replied with a lazy smile, twirling the quill between his fingers, "I had claims to this library far before you did,"

Naenya's lips pressed together as she promptly stood up, turned away from the Baratheon boy, and focused her attention on the bookcase in front of her. 

Glancing up at the roof, she realised she hadn't even finished the book she was originally reading. She couldn't sit back down and continue reading it, however. That would be far too embarrassing in the presence of Elden. She'd just have to start a new book and read the old book in the privacy of her room ,so no one knew of her accident. 

Pressing her lips together, she scanned the contents of the shelf. Realising she had chosen a bookcase full of the Baratheon histories she did her best to contain her frustrated huff. Snatching a book off the shelf, she stalked across the room to make space between herself and Elden before sitting down and opening the book quickly. 

"Interested in our histories, are you?" Elden smirked, his head tipped back slightly as he watched her from behind him, "I'm sure my father would love to tell you all about it. Though I'm a far better storyteller, prettier too"