025. Clear-headed

"I don't believe you're going to like what I'm about to tell you,"

Enya had retired to her chambers after the fiasco of the evening, deciding her best plan of action was a glass of wine and an intriguing book by a fire. She had been left alone for a whole hour, much more time than she had anticipated before finally being interrupted. She had thought the interruption would have come from her father or perhaps Otto Hightower, to try and talk her out of her actions but, alas, it was her husband who had come. 

"Tell me," Enya said, patting the spot beside her on their bed. 

"You've made a horrendous mistake,"

Silence fell within the room. Minutes rushed by as Enya took another sip of her wine and stared at her husband. 

"You're right, I don't like that,"

"You have let your love of your sister blind you,"

"I have done no such thing,"

"You've made an enemy of the queen, an enemy you cannot afford to have,"

"Rhaenyra-"

"Is a danger to your position as heir," Elden said, taking the hand that had been occupied with a book and peppering it with kisses. As though that would lessen the weight of what he was saying, "I love her too, she is an amazing mother and sister, but she is reckless, you cannot allow her to continue like this,"

"My sister does not blind me,"

Enya finally placed down her wine, turning her body fully towards her husband. Her stare was cold, but it was not unloving. It was true, she did not enjoy the words being spoken to her but she had not married Elden Baratheon so she would have a husband that did nothing other than sit still and look pretty. Unlike her father, she wanted people who would challenge her and push her to do better. 

Though she did not entirely believe Elden knew what he was talking about. 

"Then send her away, and make amends with the queen. She does not have to be our enemy so early,"

"What? Where would I even send her,"

The idea was ludicrous. She needed her family where she could see them. It was easier to keep them safe that way. 

"Dragonstone, that's where she belongs. She's safe there too," Elden said, as if reading her mind, "She is Lady of Dragonstone. She should be there,"

"She is my sister,"

"She has three bastard sons," Elden pointed out, rubbing Enya's hand. "Beautiful bastard sons but still bastard sons,"

Silence encaptured the couple again, as Elden peppered Enya's hands and arms with kisses.