018. The Two Old Friends, Scheming and Manipulation

Elden had been watching the skies for some time as the two sat in the gardens of the Red Keep. Naenya had her primary focus on their two children, encouraging the twins as they stumbled around and played pretend with one another. Elden would participate, but he was far less engaged than he normally would be, his eyes casting themselves up to the sky every few seconds as though he was waiting for something. Anticipating. 

"I don't know whether Vanya is playing with Maegor or just tolerating his imagination," Naenya said, watching her husband, "But Maegor is enjoying himself,"

The young Vanya was sitting with her doll, which she had dressed as a Knight, watching her brother with her large, owl-like eyes as Maegor jumped around her with his small wooden sword. Maegor, at such a young age, had already been taught not to hurt girls, but dolls dressed as male knights were fair game for anyone. 

"Elden, what are you-"

Elden brought his finger to his mouth before pointing it to the sky. Naenya glanced upwards with him, finally noticing how the clouds swirled around as though being moved by a larger force. 

Then it came.

The recognisable cry of Caraxes filled the air as the red snake of the sky twisted out of the clouds and soared over the Red Keep. Despite the distance between the two, Naenya could easily see the white spot on Caraxes. The normally long Targaryen hair was seemingly shorter now, though Naenya couldn't be certain from so far down. 

"He's finally returned," Elden cracked a grin, turning towards Naenya, "What do we do now?"

Naenya grimaced, glancing down at her twins. 

"I will speak to him,"

The sunlight gathered like a crown around her hair as she walked through the area of the Godswood. It had been the area picked out for the small celebrations, a decision of poor taste in the eyes of any believer of the Old Gods. Luckily for those in attendance, none seemed to care for any sort of God other than the Targaryens. 

Naenya had arrived without her husband in a deep ocean-blue dress adorned with silver rings and necklaces. She floated past the tables of sweets and confectionaries. She should have been able to enjoy the lack of children popping up out of nowhere whenever she picked up a sweet for herself, it was the first time Naenya was out to an event without her twins, after all, but the additional problem point was causing tunnel vision. 

Whether it was unfortunate or unfortunate, Naenya was unsure, but both her problems were intertwined with one another. And both of her problems were white-haired younger siblings with fire-breathing dragons by their sides. 

"You seemed so content in Dragonstone," Naenya said, her High Valyrian had always been oddly low in tone, "Why did you return?"

Naenya stood beside her uncle, who had found contentment at the edges of the celebration. Naenya understood what he was trying to do, but Naenya had little time to bother with courtesy and politeness. If Daemon did not wish to be bothered, he would not be at Kings Landing at all.