Chapter 2: Rosalie

I took a shower, borrowed Amanda's clothes, and went down for some breakfast.

"Amanda told us what happened, dear." Amanda's mom and dad looked down at me sadly. "We'll tell you everything we know."

"Thank you, but I think I need to find this out from father."

"Of course, eat, then I'll drive you home," Amanda's dad offered.

After an hour, we were out the door and headed straight to school. Once school was over, I went home immediately, ready to interrogate my father. They said I look like Rosalie, is my biological mom some psycho killer? No, no, I shouldn't jump to conclusions. I'll get my answers soon enough. When father got home, I asked to speak with him in my room.

"Is Rosalie related to me or something? Is she my mother?" I asked.

He sighed and redirected his gaze to the floor. "How did you find out?"

"Well, I almost died yesterday because some weird wolf guys thought I was her."

"Come," I followed him to a safe in the closet. "In here, there's everything you need to know about your mother." He pulled out a round tin box and brushed off the cobwebs before handing it to me. "Open it." I popped open the tin and saw a few things. An envelope, a picture, and a ring. I took out the picture.  I was nervous to see what she looked like.  Would she have teeth that poked out and were razor-sharp or ears as pointy as an elf's? But when I turned the frame around to reveal what she looked like, she looked unexpectedly normal. Father was standing behind her with the same mussed brown hair but his eyes were warmer than I had ever seen. He was even laughing beside a beautiful woman that had black hair and blood-red eyes, and when I looked hard, I could see two shining fangs peeking out.

I looked up at my father, "Is she...?" He nodded.

____________________

Hello guys, sorry about the short chapter but another will be uploaded right after.  Please vote if you liked this chapter, comment on any criticisms (kindly please) and have a great day.

Thank you,

Kaylee :)

Chapter Questions:

- What do you guys think of Vance Smith (Val's father) so far?

- What do you think of Amanda/Amanda's (Val's friend)  family?