Chapter 27

Finley circled 4 locations on the map with a red marker. "These are all the hospitals that their injured go to. If we bomb those areas, they'll be forced to go there and we can ambush them there when they think the fighting's over." A cruel smile spread on his face, he knew that although it was morally wrong, it would be a great move.

I stand, abruptly, chair scraping against the floor. "With all due respect, General, their families go to those hospitals to get treated as well. The medical staff that works there have not hurt us either. It would be cruel to bomb innocents."

"Princess Valerie, the workers should have known what they were getting into with this and the family of monsters don't deserve to live." He shot me a patronizing smile.

"Do you not see how this is the exact same ideology they have towards us? And shouldn't the goal of all this be no more war? Because this will just mean a war that will last centuries."

He looked to the elders, "This is the exact reason why I said children should not be brought on. They lead for a day and think there's nothing else to learn."

I was about to refute that, but Adora spoke. "Calm down, the both of you. I agree that it is a childish idea to think violence can't be used," Finley grew a triumphant grin until Adora said her next words and it fell. "But so is believing violence solves everything."

"Yes, we will set ourselves up for a never-ending war if we do not move cautiously," Albus said.

"Violence is the only thing these moronic humans understand," Melanie interjected.

"Fine, a vote to decide," Adora said and there were collective murmurs of yes. The vote ended up being 9-7 so Finley's plan was dropped. I had never seen a person look at another with as much hate in their eyes as Finley did at that moment.

"Since you turned down my plan, I'm assuming you have one of your own," Finley said.

"I actually do and Xios helped me with it." I motion for Alexios to come and I grab a black marker.

"What if we made them sitting ducks?" Alexios said, "There would be no further violence, and they would be forced to negotiate with us."

"We know that every monday, they get a shipment of supplies, so if we intercept that and block their contact with the outside world, they'd be forced to give up."

"There's one problem though-" I start.

"But let me guess, you don't know the truck they use?" Finley interrupted and I begrudgingly nodded.

"We need someone to infiltrate," Alexios said.

"But no lycans would do it since many still hate Valerie and the vampires willing to do it are too young to hide their bloodlust."

"I could," Alexios volunteered.

"Alexios, this is a very high risk, I'm not gonna have you die. I'll do it."

"They'd be able to tell, you look almost exactly like Rosalie."

"He's right, Alexios should do it," Adora said.

"I can wear a mask, I see their soldiers usually leave their masks on everywhere they go, it wouldn't be hard to blend in like that."

Alexios clenched his fists in anger but didn't argue anymore, "Then I'm going with her."

"Very well, it is decided. You both will infiltrate the Hunter base and find out the shipment truck information." After that, the meeting concluded.

Alexios and I had finally arrived at our rooms. We were put right next to each other which was great for scheming. I was about to close the door when Alexios came in with me.

Alexios' eyes narrowed, "Do you have some kind of death wish? What is someone who has been fighting for what? Four months, compared to someone who's been doing this since three years old?"

"No! But let's be honest, I have no place in this world." I looked down, "Some people might miss me but at the end of the day, there are people who can take my place, but your people need you, they want you." I whispered.

"What about your father? What about Blake, Amara, Ishan, and Olivia? Olivia would go to the ends of the earth to find your body and then kill you again."

"We all know father could live without me. I don't doubt he loves me, but he could live without me. Everyone else too, they may be sad but they'll move on." I give him a sad smile.

"I wouldn't." My eyes widened and I gaped at him like a fish. I blush and choose to ignore it.

"Anyways, I don't mind doing these things if it means being special to someone."

"You're special to me without needing to do anything. Honestly, you could kill someone and I'd still be there." My eyes narrowed in anger.

"You say that now, but when it comes down to it, you won't choose me. You don't have to but don't lie about."

"Didn't I choose you by protecting you? Or in there? I've never abandoned you, Val and I won't now, regardless of how you feel."

"Sorry, can you go?"

He sighed but agreed and left.

"You don't have to be smart or pretty or dangerously kind. The only thing you need to do for me is to be yourself. And guess what you already got me."

Xios' face softened and he hugged me, leaning my head down on his chest. I was angry but I couldn't help but want comfort in this moment.