Chapter 8: Run to live

"You will have 3 types of classes with us," Blake starts, "Your first class of the day is combat with me. Second is vampiric history with Ishan and last is strategy with Amara." 'Seems like even princesses have to work. I nod to let Blake know that I understood.

"Great, let's begin. Today, we will work on starting the process of releasing your vampire side."

"But I'm not a vampire." I say, confused.

"No," Amara says, this time from beside Blake, "You're half but because Queen Rosalie is your mother, you have vampiric blood running through your veins. Until you need to use it or, in other words, die, you won't be able to access it. But there are ways to bypass that and use your powers without becoming a full vampire."

"The only way to understand is to do it, so lets get started.  Every second spent not working means one of your competitors getting a leg up on us." Blake said.

"This method of unlocking your powers has only been used once when the 4th vampire king came into power, he was a full vampire, but needed an extra push to be able to use them.  We can't be sure it will work though."

"Why not just use another method, then, if you aren't sure if it will work?"

"There is no other way, so we don't have a choice. Get in the tub"  Amara said.

"Uhm, could they leave then?" I whispered while repeatedly looking between the boys and Amara.

"With your clothes on." She huffed.

"Oh, Okay." I stepped into the large white tub and rested my head on the north edge of it. I watched Amara and Blake lit small white candles on candleholders of all heights and colours.

Blake grabbed my hand, "Don't move for a sec." He made a small but deep enough-to-bleed cut on each of my wrists. I put my hands on either side of me and felt my body release all its tension. My eyelids felt like lead, I could barely hold them open.

Amara knelt down and spoke softly, "You'll be in a state of near death, but stay calm. If you don't, you really could end up dying." Wow, a great way to get me to calm down, Amara. Just tell me that I'm dying and I'll go right to sleep.

Despite the stress, I relaxed and watched

                                                                                    as my

                                                                                               vision

                                                                                                           faded to

                                                                                                                           black.

Wet drops dripped down onto my body in a barrage, welcoming me to the world once again. My eyes peeled open seeing the angry, cloudy sky. I slowly got up, slightly sluggish from the pounding headache was feeling. Must be because of all the blood I lost. Imagine that, an anemic vampire.

As I got to my feet, I almost tripped on... a ballgown. It was a crisp, clean white and I was instantly nervous to taint the pure white with the mud below my feet.  I don't remember wearing a dress today, especially not one this fancy but then again, I can't remember much of anything. My memories feel foggy, like they had been plucked out and sorted through.